Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
"Professional Tote" assembly? >

"Professional Tote" assembly?

"Professional Tote" assembly?

Old 10-22-2010, 06:35 AM

Great bag, kinda looks like the Vira Bradley bags. Where did you buy the pattern?
Old 10-22-2010, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by irma tapia
Great bag, kinda looks like the Vira Bradley bags. Where did you buy the pattern?
Actually I bought my pattern when in Wasilla, AK. when visiting son and family 2008. If you go to www.creativethimble.com
you should beable to find them there.
Old 10-22-2010, 08:05 AM

I have the pattern, most of the notions, and not a clue about fabric!! I really wanted to do a cream/gold brocade but don't have enough of the fabric left unless I find something to match with it. Having only found black zips in the proper sizes I think it will end up being black-and-white.

Stupid eejit that I am, I gave away all the home dec fabrics that I was sure I'd never use. Sigh.
Old 10-24-2010, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Robinlee
Originally Posted by BarbaraA
what is a "Professional Tote Bag"?
I complete mine back in early Sept. 2010. Took me also a couple hours a night for about 3-4 nights. The longest was pressing the Deco Bond to the fabric. Once that was done, it was no time to sew.
The directions are so precise.
Beautiful job...
Old 10-25-2010, 11:41 AM

I just received my pattern for the tote. In looking it over quickly, I'm sure I'm going to enjoy the challenge. The first challenge will be rounding up all the supplies and fabric that are needed.
Old 11-21-2010, 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by Carol in Colorado
Originally Posted by wvdek
I really like that one. I know several folks could use it. Wow, 9 hours minimum to make? Sure looks like it would be worth it. Anyone selling them? How much are you charging?

Any one remember the price for the pattern and anywhere inparticular to get it? Otherwise, I will just Google the name.

Didn't mean to hijack. Sorry. Thanks.
I saw them for sale on Etsy for $60.
That's a great price. I think I spent more than that on the pattern and fabric. Hoping to get it done on my next vacation.
Old 11-21-2010, 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by Cuilteanna
I have the pattern, most of the notions, and not a clue about fabric!! I really wanted to do a cream/gold brocade but don't have enough of the fabric left unless I find something to match with it. Having only found black zips in the proper sizes I think it will end up being black-and-white.

Stupid eejit that I am, I gave away all the home dec fabrics that I was sure I'd never use. Sigh.
Terry Atkinson (Atkinson Designs) has a new line of zippers in assorted colors. Don't settle for B&W if it's not what you really want! :)

http://www.atkinsondesigns.com/patte...?productid=397

And if they aren't the right size, I believe you can use larger zippers and cut them down, so you could use the ones readily available in the fabric stores.
Old 11-21-2010, 07:01 AM

Thank you all for your replies. My apologies on the delay in responding. I must have unchecked the box to receive notifications and forgot about the topic.

It's good to know that it will take awhile and to be sure to mark carefully to keep on track of the pieces.
Old 11-21-2010, 07:09 AM

Just got the pattern for that and the Bow Tuck in the mail last night. It will probably be a few days before I can get to it. So many other projects....
I ordered them both from pursepatterns.com. That site has a billion bags!
Old 11-21-2010, 09:16 AM

I just finished making the professional tote. I didn't time myself, but the materials cost me $40. I don't think they can be sold without special permission because of the copywrite - there is even a note in the pattern giving special permission to copy the page of labels to cut out and put on the cut pieces of fabric.