Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
"quilting" Sewing Machines  what's best? >

"quilting" Sewing Machines what's best?

"quilting" Sewing Machines what's best?

Old 11-14-2010, 01:56 PM

I love my Juki TL98E. It is a great workhorse and has a 9" harp. I have quilted many a large size quilt on this baby. It has needle down, built-in thread cutter and it has a knee lift for the presser foot.
Old 11-14-2010, 02:00 PM

I got the Janome 6600P in August and love it!! It has the Accufeed system which is similar to the IDT on the Pfaffs. I have never had a problem changing the feet. Once you do it, it is simple.
Old 11-14-2010, 07:59 PM

Seems most have their favs on machines too.
Has anyone bought one brand and then another, able to compare, and prefer one over another? What and why?
I've heard Juke is a work horse machine, and Janome is one with the most loyal customers that won't trade away.

I did research before buying my Baby Lock, and found many ladies who'd owned Bernina, Pfaff, and BabyL, said BabyL was more user friendly. Then did a consumer report compare and BabyL I got more feet, more hoops sizes and more user friendly plus saved thousands over the other top 2 brands.

Now, with a quilting machine, I'd like one with no mechanical problems, user friendly, reliable.
Thank you for your help here ladies.
Old 11-14-2010, 08:42 PM

I just bought Bernina 630 E Quilters edition 6 months ago and
find it very user friendly it has a USB port on side to plug in quilt or embroidery designs just finished queen size quilt for mom can even flip designs I did that on moms pillow shams
this is my second Bernina they are very fun to sew with has bsr foot for free motion quilting which is also alot of fun and something I,m just learning .
Old 11-14-2010, 08:47 PM

I just bought a new Pfaff with the walking foot built in and it also has the larger opening for machine quilting . It has the automatic thread cutter and the pivot lift. It is the Expressions 4.0.
Old 11-14-2010, 09:03 PM

I have Pfaff's and love them both. The Creative Vision is for embroidery and the other is for quilting. But really, I have recently gotten a Featherweight to take when I 'a quiltin go.

As long as you can bond with whatever machine you get ... it is OK. Of course it helps if there is good service in your area too.

ali
Old 11-15-2010, 01:54 PM

I also have a featherweight and I also use it to take to classes. The new machine is heavier and don't want to take a chance of dropping it or having someone else mess with it.
Old 02-26-2011, 02:13 PM

I am selling my BabyLock Jewel with QuiltMotion and QuiltCAD as well as the Grace Majestic Quilting Frame. I love the machine and hate to sell it but my DH was laid off and I need to save my home and sell it asap. I just bought the Jewel with the Grace frame the end of last year, and the QuiltMotion is only 2 months old. I have only quilted 2 Quilts with it and they turned out amazing! So it's pretty much still brand new. I am only asking $9,500.00 for everything! Great deal since I paid over $19,000.00 for everything just last year. My loss your gain.
Here is what is included:
This Auction is for a BabyLock Jewel Quilting Machine, QuiltMotion, QuiltCAD, and Grace Majestic Quilting Frame. All are near new and still under warranty. Less than 24hrs of quilting time has been used on this. It works great and in great shape!

If interested email me with any questions you may have. [email protected]

All that is included:

1. BabyLock Jewel Quilting Machine
2. Carriage with encoders for Grace Pinnacle Frame
3. Electronic bobbin winder with variable speed
4. Laser light and clamp for following pantographs
5. “M” size metal bobbins
6. Needles size 16 and 18
7. Thread mast and washers
8. Oiling Kit
9. Needle Removal wrench
10. Alan Wrenches
11. Front and back handles both with LCD monitor screens and controls
12. ¼” hopping foot
13. QuiltMotion Software
14. LCD display on swivel mount
15. 15’ USB cable
16. housing/carriage plate
17. 300 Built in Patterns
18. QuiltCAD software
19. QuiltMotion Quick Reference Guide book
20. QuiltMotion Installation Guide book
21. Grace Majestic Quilting Frame (King, queen, & Crib size)
22. 4 king size leader polls or 8 crib size
23. Cloth Leaders
24. Velcro Leader Attachments
25. Plastic Tube Leader Attachments
26. Blue plastic leader attachment roller
27. 1 Large pink spool of thread
28. 1 king size Frame table or 2 crib size
29. Jewel Track System
30. And many many more extras!

My Baby
[ATTACH=CONFIG]126322[/ATTACH]

My Baby 2
[ATTACH=CONFIG]126323[/ATTACH]

My Baby 3
[ATTACH=CONFIG]126324[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-126317.jpe   attachment-126318.jpe   attachment-126319.jpe  
Old 03-06-2011, 06:32 AM

My 2 year old BabyLock Espire was just what I wanted and needed. I believe they have renamed it, not sure what but it is a quilt/sew only machine. I also have a Pfaff 7130 that is about 8 years old with IDT but for some reason I have never loved it (although I like it). Now I am thinking that I would like to play around a bit with embroidery but don't want to spend a lot of money on a embroidery machine and doubt I would use it much so I am looking at the Babylock Sofia because I could also use it as my class machine (fairly light when the embroidery table is taken off)
Old 03-06-2011, 08:53 AM

I have a Pfaff with the IDT and a large open throat. It is the Expressions 4 and just below the huge one with the embroidery. I would never use the embroidery part so didn't go for that part. I love this machine. Highly recommend it. :thumbup: Jan