Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: *beating head on sewing machine!*

I'm also sorry about the loss of your dad. It's hard to go through. Keeping yourself busy will help you go through the grieving process. When my husband died, I just had to clean the house and get rid of everything, it's what kept me going.
    Remember the good times that you had with your father, this will also help.
    Keeping you in my parayers.

Blog Entries
    Sorry about your dad. I have done the same and didn't want to undo stitching so cut as much off the small squares, then frayed the rest of the square off until they fell apart and came out.

Sending lots of hugs your way........

So sorry to hear about the loss of your Dad. My Dad passed away six years ago, it seems like yesterday, but now I can think about him laughing and smiling and not so much about the reasons that took him. We saved some of my dads favorite shirts and I am just now getting around to trying to figure out what kind of squares I want to make that can incorporate some of the fabric of his shirts. My sister made a quilt for my Mom and used some of the shirt fabic and it came out beautiful. You will find a way too to treasure your Dad's memories in special ways. It gets better and you will find that doing your favorite things will once again become a comfort for you.

Sorry to hear about the loss of your father.

It's hard to lose someone you love, especially unexpectedly. The fact that you mourn him so deeply means you must have had a good relationship - what a blessing!

As far as quilting goes - put that quilt away for now and do something new. It will give you a reason to keep going.

So sorry to hear about the loss of your father. I was in a fog for weeks after my Dad passed. Give yourself time... it does get better. Hugs...

Power Poster
    Sorry to hear of your loss. In time, quilting might be the best therapy.

So sorry for your loss! Hugs and prayers to you! :)

I am sorry for your loss. ((((hugs)))) as you deal with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Plain Jane
    I'm sorry about your dad's death. My mom died on March 2. It's tough. Thoughts and prayers.
    I am sorry for the both of you losing a parent, I lost my father it will be a year this August. Best advise take things day by day

My condolences on the loss of your father. I hope you will just take time, remember your father and know that everything else will fall in place when the time is right. You are in my thoughts and prayers ...

((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))) to you for the loss of your Dad. I can't imagine how much it hurts., Try again on the quilt, you'll get there, but don't quit

Blog Entries
    Sorry we don't live closer.....I would be happy to tear it out for you. Good luck to you, things will get better.

So sorry about the loss of your dad. It is a hard thing to get through for sure and I think we do look for things to do with our hands while going through the grief. It may not always work out because our concentration is not good. When I lost my dad it was summer time and I ended up doing a lot of canning. I made lots of salsa. We never ate a bite of it but it did keep me busy.Hang in there. It will get better.

So sorry about your dad.........Huggs & Prayers go out to you.

Blog Entries
    Sorry for the loss of your father, best wishes are with you!

Blog Entries
    Sorry for your loss. My thought and prayers are with you.

Quote Originally Posted by bluteddi
    I was FMQ along, about 3/4 way done.... just discovered.. I have FMQ several 2 inch sqs ( unrelated to the Veterns wheelchair quilt) to the back side....

I HATE ripping out quilting..... sigh...
    Take your smallest scissors and trim the 2 inch squares on one side as close to the stitching as possible (without cutting the stitching LOL). Unless you've really stippled closely, you can probably pull the remainder of the 2 inch square from behind the stitching without tearing out the stitching.

I am sorry for your loss. I do know that sometimes I think about things too much when i am sewing. I wish I could turn that stuff off some times. I want to think about only the happy things. You will be ok. I hate when I do that. Go to something else for a while. hugs to you.

Banned
    Sorry for the loss of your dad....sit back and relax for a few days.

So sorry for your loss. I will be praying for you. Let God carry you thru this time. If this project doesn't feel good right now, put it down for awhile. Hopefully your sewing & quilting will be good therapy for you, if not now then soon. I pray there will good memories for you.

So sorry for your loss. I will be praying for you. Let God carry you thru this time. If this project doesn't feel good right now, put it down for awhile. Hopefully your sewing & quilting will be good therapy for you, if not now then soon. I pray there will good memories for you.

Senior Member quilter in the making's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So sorry on the loss of your father. That was truly the hardest thing I've been through and it takes some time to adjust. Don't push yourself too hard and put demands on yourself that you're not ready for. It takes some time to get back into the zone. I had so much trouble focusing after I lost my dad. Hugs to you.

Blog Entries
    I'm so sorry about your dad.

I've done this too--the back folds under and rip rip rip. It goes quicker than you think...deep breath.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast