Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: 2.99 Fabric???

I live in Massachusetts. My local Walmart still has "some" fabric. My friend is the manager in that dept. and she thinks they will stop selling off the bolt by Spring at the latest. They are already bringing in the 2 yd. precut pieces. But.....in the next town from me, they are opening a new fabric place. The signs are already in the windows and they say 2.99 fabric! Don't know if all their fabric is at that price, but can't wait to find out. I'm guessing that they will open sometime next week. Will let you know.

Blog Entries
    Good Luck ! Hope they can help fill in the gaps for the missing Walmart fabric :lol: keep us posted

Sounds like a Marden's to me. There are a bunch in Maine. You can get really great fabric there for 2.99.

What a great price for fabric. Is it nice? I would love to find fabric at that price.

JT
    Once they open, see if they do anything online, for us out of staters. Thanks!

Sorry, I misinformed you. The fabric isn't 2.99 yd it's 1.99 yd!. I bought 10 yds today (all I had on me was 20.00) They don't officially open till Sept. 10. They are still stocking shelves. Today, they let me buy but only cash sales, they don't have their credit card machines yet. I was impressed with the quality....one of the fabrics I just bought at Joanns for 7.99 yd. They also have threads and notions. I think I have found my new second home. It's called "That 199 Fabric Store" in Auburn, MA.

Here's what I bought today at the 1.99 fabric store.
    Attached Images Attached Images

do they have a website? I wish that I was there so that I could hit that place like a hurricane.

I would be broke if I had a $1.99 fabric store near me.. although I really really really need blender materials since I have so many prints...
    That is a great thing to have a fabric store with such great prices nearby!

LUCKY YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Banned
    what is the specific address in Auburn Ma for the 1.99 fabric store.

Do I hear "Road Trip"???

The store is on rt.12 in Auburn. It is right next door to the Outback Plaza. Right near the junction of rts. 12 and 20. Their hours will be 10-6 everyday and 12-5 on Sun. I hope once they open they will have a website. If you go, make sure you have cash and plenty of it. I plan to go back for more real soon.