Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
2022- What are your quilting goals? >

2022- What are your quilting goals?

2022- What are your quilting goals?

Old 12-14-2021, 09:18 AM

I have fabric for two quilts that I have not started. After Christmas I plan to start one, complete it and then complete the other. Following that my quilting goals are the same as always, continue to learn, accept minor mistakes that I cannot change, and be bold enough to try patterns that call to me.
Old 12-14-2021, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Reader1 View Post
I have fabric for two quilts that I have not started. After Christmas I plan to start one, complete it and then complete the other. Following that my quilting goals are the same as always, continue to learn, accept minor mistakes that I cannot change, and be bold enough to try patterns that call to me.
I love that!
Old 12-14-2021, 11:57 AM

1. Live one day at a time. We're moving when the house sells. So don't know what will be happening on any single day.

2. Packing and repacking, found 2 UFO's that aren't going to our next house. So finish or rehome.

Have no idea how quickly we'll be in a new residence at the other end. We're no longer in control.

3. Finish packing

4. Enjoy the process.

5. Maybe do Merry mayhem.
Old 12-14-2021, 12:30 PM

Hopefully, expand my sewing area so I can start using my floor frame. Reorganize and rearrange my sewing area so it's a more efficient way of sewing and then work on my UFOs. No big new projects until my UFOs are done.
Old 12-14-2021, 01:21 PM

I an so excited to start long arm quilting on my new Janome 16'" PRO on a 5 ft frame...that fits well in my sewing room..I have several tops of my Mother's that she did, and I have some that I have finished also...I need to get the leaders on the rails, and get the clear plastic to put down where the pantographs go...Merry Christmas to ME!! From ME!!
Old 12-14-2021, 01:54 PM

I would just like to continue using fabric I have in my stash to make gifts. I would also like to sell a few quilts. Good luck right?
Old 12-14-2021, 03:14 PM

I will retire at the end of January and am eagerly awaiting the time to put into my first ever double wedding ring quilt. I'm a bit nervous and will probably be here looking for advice but am determined to gift my granddaughter a classic quilt for her wedding in September.
Old 12-14-2021, 06:38 PM

I have been stocking up on precuts this fall and need to sit down and make the quilts I envision with them. I only have a couple of true UFO’s at this house so am not feeling all that anxious to finish those. I need to finish the binding on an EPP project and keep setting it aside. I love EPP but find bing by hand tedious and only do it for EPP. A couple of flimsies need to be quilted that were recently assembled......

Next up on the list are a couple more Spell it with Moda quilts with some farm yard themed jelly rolls. Maybe a small many trip around the world with the left overs. I have charm packs, honeybuns, and the 10 inch squares ready and waiting. Also a couple of kits I bought cheap. So lots of things to play with!

I still have my 2 Harry Potter quilts in progress for my children. I think I have 11 blocks for each child done....planning on 16 with a back that has a few blocks on it. Harry and company need to go someplace to satisfy my sense of order and they have been deemed the boring part by both of my offspring! Kelli Fannon has started releasing the planned patterns again https://www.kellifanninquilts.com/p/...-sewalong.html and naturally my kids want a couple of the not yet released in their quilts! I would love to get these finished in 2022 as they are taking up a surprising amount of space in my really limited fabric storage area.
Old 12-14-2021, 07:08 PM
Power Poster

Same as last year. Make as many donation quilts for the foster kids in my county.

I only made 19 this year. I hope to make more in 2022.
Old 12-15-2021, 02:37 AM

Make a baby quilt for grandson due in June.
Finish a Fall Art wall-hanging from 3 yrs ago.
Donate Quilting books I no longer use to the library fundraiser.
Begin quilts for my 2 sons.
Go through my fabric and give away what I don't like anymore.
Declutter my sewing space...too many dust catchers.
So something Quilt related every day. Oh...I already do that, I wake up each morning and read this Quilting Board!