Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
505 Adhesive spray >

505 Adhesive spray

505 Adhesive spray

Old 10-27-2010, 10:52 PM

http://www.allstitch.net/product/505...sid=googlebase

They have it for $9.50. The post office won't ship liquids of any kind, so UPS or FedEx will have to be used for shipment.

I use and love this stuff! Super for applique and spray basting.
Old 10-28-2010, 01:01 AM

While on the subject, I have a question.. I saw a video on using this for holding your quilt together to quilt it. I went to JoAnn's to buy a can. The lady at JoAnn's talked me out of using it. She said it would gum up my needle and make it almost impossible to use. Needless to say, I left without it. Could someone give me their opinion on this? I was really looking forward to trying this to see if it would help me with quilting.
Thank you so much..
Jo Ann
Old 10-28-2010, 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by Sewmuchtodo
While on the subject, I have a question.. I saw a video on using this for holding your quilt together to quilt it. I went to JoAnn's to buy a can. The lady at JoAnn's talked me out of using it. She said it would gum up my needle and make it almost impossible to use. Needless to say, I left without it. Could someone give me their opinion on this? I was really looking forward to trying this to see if it would help me with quilting.
Thank you so much..
Jo Ann
I haven't used this before, but if you look it up online one of the things it says is that is wont gum up your needles. That is why I wanted this brand to use.
Old 10-28-2010, 04:22 AM

i looked at connecting threads and it is just a little bit more expensive than walmart, but I can get free shipping faster with the limit being $50. I looked at some of the other places and I had to order a lot more in order to get the free shipping, so I will probably get it there. Thanks so much for all of your guys help.
Brooke
Old 10-28-2010, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Sewmuchtodo
Thank you so much..
Jo Ann
I can testify that it does not gum up your needles! I longarm and on just about every quilt I have ever quilted, I use 505 to help keep the borders from getting drawn in and I have NEVER had a problem with my needle getting anything on it. When I quilt a table runner, I put the whole thing down on the batting with 505 and quilt it...nothing on my needle.

I read that the National Quilt Museum uses 505 when they are repairing antique quilts because it does not discolor or otherwise damage the fabric and it totally disappears in 6 months.

The lady in JoAnn's didn't know what she was talking about! I also use 505 to position my labels and hand sew through it...no gum there either!
Old 10-28-2010, 10:04 AM

I got my from Connecting Threads. J. Hittle wholesale will ship also. Do you have a Ben Franklin Crafts near you? The BF near me sells it for $11.99 for the smaller can. And Micheal's sells another brand, but I am not sure of the name of it.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:07 AM

I went to the Walmart site and they will ship to the store!!! Who knew!!! :mrgreen:

http://www.walmart.com/search/search...h_constraint=0