Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
5D Quilt Design creator >

5D Quilt Design creator

5D Quilt Design creator

Old 03-11-2015, 03:20 PM

Default 5D Quilt Design creator

Hi When i was purchasing my Quilt motion with creative Touch the Dealer gave me the 5D quilt design creator program as an incentive (at the time we were dicussing a pattern of a Bunny i wanted to make.)
But now i have a question i am downloading some Digital designs for my Quilting and i see that alot of them are created in this program i have no idea how to use the program ( there is a small booklet that came with it) does anyone have a web site i can refer to to Learn using ths program to making my own quilting designs? to sew on my Babbylock crown Jewel?
any sites or blogs or tutorials. i am a visual learner.
Thanks Patti
Old 03-11-2015, 04:25 PM

I just took a quick peek at youtube several selections that you could take a look at
Old 03-11-2015, 04:41 PM
Gay

Your dealer GAVE you this program? WOW - lucky you. That is sold here for around $700, which is what I paid for an earlier version. If he is so generous, perhaps he can give you some lessons. At least they are free here Marvelous program though.

If you are buying the digitised designs in 5qb, you will have to open them in the program, and I think, 'export' or 'save' in the format your machine uses ( is that PES?)

Good luck, Gay
Old 03-11-2015, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by Gay View Post
Your dealer GAVE you this program? WOW - lucky you. That is sold here for around $700, which is what I paid for an earlier version. If he is so generous, perhaps he can give you some lessons. At least they are free here Marvelous program though.

If you are buying the digitised designs in 5qb, you will have to open them in the program, and I think, 'export' or 'save' in the format your machine uses ( is that PES?)

Good luck, Gay
Yes he Gave it to me so of course I jumped at getting the program I was already going to buy, unfortunely my Dealer is over two hours away so lesson from them are out of the question, and the digital designs I have purchased wanted to open in 5dq program but if you just unzip and open on computer I am then able to load over to a thumb drive and then load onto my machine. And the format is QLI
Old 03-11-2015, 11:43 PM
Gay

Patti, Sorry I did get that wrong, didn't I? Had assumed your Babylock was a domestic machine, but just checked it out and find it's a longarm.

However, if a design you buy isn't compatible with the 'robot' on your machine, then you can open or import it into the 5D program, and export it, to a file or thumb drive, in the correct format. 5D will only save a design as 5qb, which is used by Q-Bot.
It is a program used by Pfaff, so you will probably find videos if you check out you-tube and Pfaff websites. Is QLI the format of the designs you bought?

http://www.5dquiltdesign.com/InspirationVideo.html