Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
60 degree >

60 degree

60 degree

Old 02-10-2020, 04:45 PM
  #21  
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 26
Default 60 degree diamond vs MSQC Rhombus template

Is there a difference in a 'typical' 60 degree ruler and what MSQC calls a Rhombus template?
I love the quilts from Jaybird Quilts but wonder which ruler is the best investment. Opinions? Thanks!
Calmclam is offline  
Old 02-10-2020, 06:32 PM
  #22  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Southern USA
Posts: 691
Default

Originally Posted by Jennifer23 View Post
I have that one, and I love it! I've made quite a few quilts with it, and it's awesome.
Do you have any pictures of quilts you made?
toogie is offline  
Old 02-10-2020, 08:14 PM
  #23  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Utah
Posts: 8,753
Default

Originally Posted by Calmclam View Post
Is there a difference in a 'typical' 60 degree ruler and what MSQC calls a Rhombus template?
I love the quilts from Jaybird Quilts but wonder which ruler is the best investment. Opinions? Thanks!
If I didnít already have a 60 degree ruler Iíd probably get the Jaybird one. Looks like you could do a lot with that one.
quiltsRfun is offline  
Old 02-11-2020, 04:53 AM
  #24  
Super Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Sunny Florida
Posts: 2,896
Default

Originally Posted by toogie View Post
What size is your 60 degree diamond ruler? I saw this before and also would love to make.
It is the 8 1/2 inch ruler.
Rhonda K is offline  
Old 02-11-2020, 11:54 AM
  #25  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Southern USA
Posts: 691
Default

Originally Posted by Rhonda K View Post
It is the 8 1/2 inch ruler.
thank you Rhonda
toogie is offline  
Old 02-12-2020, 05:36 PM
  #26  
Super Member
 
TheMerkleFamily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 1,092
Default Mini Diamond Ruler by CG

I recently used my Creative Grids 60 degree mini diamond ruler for the 1st time. I loved making this diamond quilt as the blunt corners made this a breeze to assemble and the points (nearly) perfect! This version of the ruler is 4 1/2" and I like the 'scale' of the diamonds for this large batik throw/lap quilt. If I were to make a larger quilt or wanted a more bold look I'd likely want the larger ruler.
Attached Thumbnails lisa-quilt.jpg  

Last edited by TheMerkleFamily; 02-12-2020 at 05:39 PM.
TheMerkleFamily is offline  
Old 02-13-2020, 12:04 AM
  #27  
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 98
Default

I must be an idiot then because I'm having a time with my 60 ruler. (No really - I think its me not the ruler) I have the blunt tip

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 02-13-2020 at 04:10 AM. Reason: language
Rff1010 is offline  
Old 02-13-2020, 02:56 PM
  #28  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Southern USA
Posts: 691
Default

Originally Posted by Rff1010 View Post
I must be an idiot then because I'm having a time with my 60 ruler. (No really - I think its me not the ruler) I have the blunt tip
what seems to be your problem?
toogie is offline  
Old 02-13-2020, 02:57 PM
  #29  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Southern USA
Posts: 691
Default

Originally Posted by TheMerkleFamily View Post
I recently used my Creative Grids 60 degree mini diamond ruler for the 1st time. I loved making this diamond quilt as the blunt corners made this a breeze to assemble and the points (nearly) perfect! This version of the ruler is 4 1/2" and I like the 'scale' of the diamonds for this large batik throw/lap quilt. If I were to make a larger quilt or wanted a more bold look I'd likely want the larger ruler.
I love your quilt! So pretty!
toogie is offline  
Old 02-14-2020, 04:20 AM
  #30  
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 98
Default

Originally Posted by toogie View Post
what seems to be your problem?
when I try to put them together into rows- the row starts sliiiiiiiding downhill. Friend said its because I'm not adjusting for the seam allowance. But I though you just stacked directly on top of previous to match edges. Ive had 2 goes with practice scrap.
Rff1010 is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.