Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: It was 77 degrees here today

I'm in Atlanta as well and we woke up this morning to 45 degrees and pretty heavy rain.....welcome to spring!

Just plain NO.

Senior Member quilter on the eastern edge's Avatar
    We had 15cms of snow and 75 km/hr winds. :x

Everywhere I went, people were discussing the weather and the conversations always ended with someone saying, "It could be worse ~ at least we don't live in Japan."

The disaster there certainly puts a few snowflakes in perspective!

Glad you are having great weather. :D
    Here in Missouri we had 33 degrees and 4 inches of snow.

Finally getting up in the eighties here in Orlando. Am trying to plant my vegetable garden but the temp keeps going down into the forties at night. Real strange weather for us in March. i can see my poor little tomato plants shivering.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Margie
    ENVY
    LOL - Don't be envious 'cause it's going into the high 60's towards the end of the week. Accompanied by rain, unfortunately (but then again - maybe no rain)......

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gaby4v
    Not sure what the high was today, but tomorrow we will make it only to 35F with snow in the forecast. :thumbdown:
    Is everything OK with you???

OB
    We are promised around 70 for friday !!!

Rain and more rain I want sunshine (so tired of winter) trees are starting to bloom and grass is starting to green up so just maybe winter is gone.

Blog Entries
    The days have been beautiful and in the mid 70's lately. It's been nice having the windows open. The mornings and evenings have been in the 50'-60's.

Ours has improved a bit. Supposed to get to 66 one day this week. Rainy and 50 today.

I am totally jealous it snowed yesterday here.

We are expecting one winter storm after another this week. It is pouring down rain right now that is suppose to turn to snow late this afternoon. It would be perfect quilting weather if I didn't have to work.

It was in the 40 degrees range driving into work this morning. At one area it was 41. Yesterday was cold until later in afternoon, which turned out delightful. We were having warmer weather until this front hit yesterday morning.

I live in sunny Florida. Need I say more? Hope you have warmer days in the very near future.

Central Florida is lovely - year 'round breeze with BLUE BLUE sky. Will always miss the beautiful, fall weather in Michigan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rntraveler
    Ha, read that stuff on FL and still don't miss it.... got so tired of cooking turkey in air conditioning and sweating like a hog in March pulling weeds..(I grew up in WPB back in the 40's)

Here in North Alabama the weather has been much better this week... in the low 70's today, a cool snap coming through and the weekend it will be in the 70's... daffodils, tulips, cherry trees, pear trees, forsythia's all blooming... sparrow's, blue birds nesting.. spring is on the way.

Quote Originally Posted by grann of 6
    Quote Originally Posted by shequilts
    Like everyone else, I'm so tired of winter. Today gave me hope for springtime. Has your weather improved?
    My crocuses are in bloom, the sun has been shining and it is a little warmer, but still have not seen a robin.
    They are on there way. We have lots here in Northern Virginia, our crocuses are up, daffodils and Lenten Roses in full bloom. Hang in there. Won't be much longer. ♥

Sorry, but I'm not ready for Summer! Here in Arizona, I was loving our "winter weather" 60-70 degree highs! When summer means 110+ degree days, you have to forgive me for wanting to hang on to our "winter" a little longer!

Flowers and trees here are blooming. My hosta is beginning to emerge from the ground. It feels cold to me this morning, but it is really in the upper 40s here. It's kind of gray and overcast here. A good day to stay inside and quilt!

Spring here brings storms and hail and heavy rains. We've had about 9" with 3 storms. Flooding is bad now, and not as bad as it's gonna get. Ahhhhhh the joy of spring!!!! :thumbdown:

Been in the upper 80's here, palm trees don't like the cold! Getting time to head north for some relief from the sun and heat....sorry...I know you really don't feel sorry for me when you are still shaking off "real" winter!

Luckily, it is usually nice here in So. California. We think it is COLD if it gets into the 40's. LOL

Blog Entries
    March is our rainy month in Idaho...have seen snow storms in the past by the end of March...but spring is in the air...if you dodge the raindrops!

NO!!!! It sleeted this afternoon, and it was only suppose to rain some...40% chance this afternoon, 70% tonight and then scattered tomorrow in the am. Also, suppose to be in the 50's today. We haven't seen high 40's yet, and it's after 4. Boyee, do they ever get it wrong.
    Edinburg, VA

It's rainy here today, but at least most of the snow is finally melted. The temps have been in the 40's or so. My bulbs are starting to peek through and I am enjoying watching the robins hop around my yard. We are sooooo ready for spring here in Ohio!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast