Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 8 things I would like to thank the Quilting Board for .....

Quote Originally Posted by carslo View Post
    Inspiration to try new things - I never have a shortage of new ideas thanks to all of you.

1) For introducing me to spray basting!
    2) For letting me know that about a single hole (stitch) plate for my sewing machine - piecing is so much easier now.
    3) That I do not have to iron my binding before sewing it on
    4) Tutorials - I have used about 4 of them!
    5) Pictures - I am a visual learner and I love having my morning coffee and looking at all our creations
    6) The ability to buy and sell - why not support our sister/fella quilters
    7) Encouragement and recognition that my personal quilting is not too shabby
    8) The ability to help others when they are in need of a block or two, or to know where to find something

It was Canadian Thanksgiving yesterday and I am thankful for all of you!
    I couldn't agree more. Since I became a member it has given me so much help & inspiration that it would take me forever to list all my thank yous. I had so much trouble with a quilt I was making when I first joined this Board (I was a newbie then & probably will be for a while yet) & my DH suggested I put it out there on this forum. I had answers from across this fantastic world & they were all so helpful & helped me finish the quilt. Thank you to all & the other thing is I love looking at everyone's wonderful quilts. They are such an inspiration.
    Dance like no one is watching

Love this board - you have made some very good points!
    Love 4 stchen

Blog Entries
    Well said carslo. Many times I have said that even though I have been at a machine most of my life, this board has taught me so much.
    A friend is someone who knows all about you and loves you anyway.

Blog Entries

Red face

And for QB members like you, Carslo, who have blogs where I can roam even more & see more beautiful work, such as your watercolor & Box of Chocates.

I too appreciate the education we get from each other for FREE! Such lovely people, always willing to help and sometimes keep us from making mistakes by being willing to tell us what they did that didn't work as well as all the wonderful suggestions for things that do work. Love the tutorials, pictures, funny stuff, and just general comraderie. Thanks so much to all of you for taking the time to make my day!

I certainly agree with all of you and want to thank you all. My 85 year old mom says she doesn't know how I quilt all alone. I do not have friends outside of QB that quilt and I do not belong to a guild. In her time thay all got together to quilt each others quilts. I remember playing underneath the quilt they would be working on. She had 4 or 5 quilting friends. What do we have here, 100's if not more? I don't feel like I am alone. I don't post much but I certainly enjoy my time with you each morning and sometimes night.
    SEW MUCH FUN!

Well, I can't read this and fail to add my thanks and agree with all the comments made here already! I was also a new quilter when I found this board and there is just no putting into words the world of difference it has made having all the encouragement and support that we find here.
    But for me the main thing is acceptance and courage to be myself in my quilting and to keep letting my fabrics talk to me and not be afraid to listen. LOL... I make some fairly "unique" quilts and you are all so supportive and that means so much!!
    I also love having the opportunity here to reach out to others and share ideas, fabrics and my support when it's needed.
    Linda Wedge White

I believe UFOs are like scraps, ferns and dust bunnies. Once you get two, they send spores out into the air and more just happen anywhere the spores meet.

Like Rhonda Lee, all of you are my quilting friends. Right after I started quilting, at age 75, I discovered this board. I have learned so very much here! Were it not for you, I probably would have given up on quilting. Now I quilt, at least for a few minutes every day. I have lots of work in progress and am having so much fun quilting. When I have a quilting question, I look here. So far, I haven't had to ask, the answers are already here. I always check the Board on my iPad when I get in bed. The Board is my favorite bedtime reading! Thanks to all of you for being the very best friends ever!

This post is lovely. How nice of you to start this thread.

Oh, yes! Using Elmer's School Glue is great!
    Bebe McGee

Love all who are on this quilt board. Have learned much an probably a lot more to come, love to all of you.

Thanks for starting this thread! I find so much inspiration on this board and wonderful informative suggetions.

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    Just the wonderful people one meets on here, whether in person or via mail and all the wonderful ideas, tutorials, tips and mistakes that we all have had during quilting are shared. ITs such a wonderful board, thank you for reminding us and thank you to those who have started the board.
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

Las Vegas, NV - transplanted from Southeastern PA
    Quote Originally Posted by azwendyg View Post
    And I'd like to add another:

I am thankful for learning that magic erasers clean an iron, well....like MAGIC!
    I've learned so many things I can't even begin to count. And the great think is you keep learning new things like this one.
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, WINE IN THE OTHER, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!"

This is a great board. I would say that all of us have learned something from here.

Blog Entries
    And a big thanks to the moderators who keep the board running smoothly, who put up with all our complaints at the beginning with the new forum (which turned out to be much better I might add ... change is SO hard) and who keep us all in line!

DITTO....DITTO....DITTO..... It was a great day when i found this Board !! There's lots of unpleasant "stuff" out there in the world....but coming here to the Board...seeing the beauty that's being created ... sharing ideas, tips, trucks....getting support...laughing.... sometimes crying.... it's a great community of wonderful folks. So thank you one and all.
    Of all the things i've lost, i miss my mind the most.

I am new to quilting (took classes last Mar) & I, too, have a great appreciation for all of you. Each time I log in (everyday) I learn new things. We are full-time RV'ers so I don't have a LQS (every store is a LQS for me !) or friend to share things with so I rely on input from this Board. Thanks.

Deborahlees said, Can I add to your list ???? 9) Elmers school glue for basting a quilt together
    [QUOTE=carslo;5571073]I have been reading about this one but just haven't taken the bull by the horns to try it. Do you like it?[/
    QUOTE]

I use the elmers all the time & I simply love it.
    Alma
    Nami to 6

Blog Entries
    I for one have learned a lot and continue to learn, if you are reading this then YOU are awsome! I have also had the chain-reaction learning where something someone does or says triggers another thought/idea that I never would have thought of on my own. The quilts here are outstanding. Because of the techniques I have learned I am proud of the things I make and realize they don't have to be perfect to be loved. Like others I start my day or relax after work with all of you, thanks to the funny post that give you that chuckle, Ditter43 comes to mind but I know there are others as well, sometimes its just the way things are written. what a great group of caring people and I'm glad to be a part of. Thanks to the moderators that keep this a positive place to be. open 24/7 what could be better?
    ​We can't help everyone, But everyone can help someone.

I sooooo agree!

Yes--I am thankful for the Quilting Board too. I've learned so many things.
    Jean

I also have to chime in. Ditto to what all of the other posters have said. The QB is the best. I have made so many virtual friends and one very best friend on the QB. Every day I am so inspired by all of the wonderful quilts that are shared, the quilting hints. Oh, I could go on and on.
    Sweet Caroline

Amen to all of the above. I don't have any quilting friends around me either, so you guys are all my quilting friends. I like the fact that I can ask a question about fabric, quilting, a vintage machine or something totally off the wall, and I get so many answers. Thanks to all of y'all, and many, many thanks for the QB!

Blog Entries
    I constantly learn and am amazing at the loving remarks and encouragement so freely offered. That is the most wonderful part of the fourm. The rest is the cake under that icing. (Gosh...hope that made sense)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast