Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 80% off Joann's Coupon!

I am glad to know that they really DO have an 80% off that they send out..... you just never REALLY know.

I would get an OTT lite.... they are ususally so expensive otherwise! Whatever you get... have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by mlaceruby
    Ok my flyer came yesterday and on the back it has a scratch off
    sticker for a % off next weekend.
    well mine is 80%!!!
    now what should I get???
    suggestions are welcomed!
    Lucky YOU!! I was wondering if anyone got an 80%. Sadly mine was just 40%. :( Maybe next time I'll get the 80%! Have fun shopping!!

Blog Entries
    Anxiously awaiting my flyer to arrive today.......maybe there'll be something other than 40% off coupon sticker....I hope.

Ok, so I just looked thru the flyer..remember the rules: can't use the coupon on anything that is already on sale! Ott Lites on sale during that weekend. I personally will probably use my wonderful 80% to get a bolt of batting. But, to anyone who was thinking about getting the Ott lite, Joann's carries another brand and that kind is not on sale. I have one and I love it...Ott just gets all the press!!

I got a 70% off! I think I will also look for an exspensive item.

Blog Entries
    Mine was only 40% :(

I haven't gotten mine yet. Maybe tomorrow.
    Can't wait.

another 40% here. Better than nothing.

Good for you!! I scratched mune, but it was just 40, so I won't be making a special drive out there. I would get an OTT light also as its a little easier to swing that price at 80% off

Congratulations! My was only 40%! By something that you would think you can't afford but can use.

Wow, congrats. I can't wait to see what you get.

I hadn't noticed mine had a scratch off, but it is just 40%. But be sure and read the exclusions...no irons, sewing machines, and lots of other things. They put that in fine print.

Wow I got all excited thinking maybe i had a 80% off. But no just 40%.I hate when they only let you use those coupons on reg priced items. It seems like everything is on sale so I can never find anything to use it on.

YEAAAAH! Now THAT is a coupon!!!!! Congrats, and cant wait to hear what you get!!!!!!!!

Blog Entries
    I couldn't wait to check mine out when I read about yours and I was shocked--70% off! Feels like Christmas! Not sure what to get as I don't need much but I'm sure I will find something!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pamela Artman
    I'd buy a bolt of my favorite fabric! or more.... it covers 1 cut of fabric so you could ask for 50 yards!
    I agree. Carefully read the coupon. As a general rule, they have the same restrictions all the time...exclusions:

all patterns, irons, AccuQuilt Go!, Provo Craft electronic machines & Cricuit catridges, sewing machines and sewing machine department mercandise, all American Greeting products.

That being said, I would use it to treat yourself. Examples would be:

I would buying some more expensive material than you would normally buy and buy as much as you can afford or what is on one bolt. If you take two bolts of the same fabric, my experience has been that that constitutes 2 items and therefore you could only use your coupon on 1 item or

I would buy a material that you tend to use quite often. For example, light colored tone on tone, backing material, a solid colored material that would be incorporated repeatedly in your quilts such as white, black, blue, etc.

Whatever you use it for, I would try to get as much bang for my buck. Congrats on your 80% off coupon, mine was 50%

How about Muslin or designer quilt fabrics? 2nd choice> Warm and Natural batting by the bolt.

Blog Entries
    All I got was a 40%.. that's okay.. I'm glad to know they really do actually have at least one 80% out there.. I sort of figured they just said they did.... not nice of me to think that way.. I'm mending my ways, I'll think better of them now.

Blog Entries
    My flyer says 70% off.
    I need a new cutting table, mine is the old style with 2 swing-out legs and missing one foot, and the one they have now is 4 swing-out legs. With all its feet lol

OMG!!! Good for you. Mine is 40%. I want to make a kalidascope quilt so I would buy yardage of higher quatily than usually buy. I Agree with everyone else..buy your dream. Ott light is a good choice. I have two of their cutting tables and just love them. The right height to cut...no back strain. Do you need/want a low end machine to take to quilting classes? You go girl and tell us what you bought.

WE CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR!!!!

seemingly in the land of infants & toddlers!
    Quote Originally Posted by Judie
    All I got was a 40%.. that's okay.. I'm glad to know they really do actually have at least one 80% out there.. I sort of figured they just said they did.... not nice of me to think that way.. I'm mending my ways, I'll think better of them now.
    Mine was 40% too, & I also thought like you did :( I'm bad. But the next logical question is - is there only this one at 80%?? They couldn't possibly have very many out there, could they?

I was shocked to find mine had a 60, it's great to know they had 70 and 80, also. How many yards on a bolt of batting? I'm always having to scronge for money for that.

a bolt of extra wide muslin for backing!

Depending on what the coupon is actually good for, I would buy a Bendable Light if they carried them or a very large cutting mat, or a roll of batting.

I am blessed that I need nothing but would like the above items.

mine's only 50% but I'll take it! :) Enjoy your 80% off!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast