Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: 97,416

That's the number of quilts currently for sale on Etsy. That's crazy!!

Blog Entries
    Okay, I have to ask--why were you counting quilts on Etsy?

So I am guessing there is no sense posting anymore!

I did not believe there were that many quilters.... OK what is Etsy ????

haha. I didn't count them. When you do a search for "quilt" the pages load and the number of hits is on the top of the page.

Oh Annie.. go to etsy.com and search for quilt. It's a place you can sell your crafts. It's wonderful.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    hey..some must have sold!
    http://www.etsy.com/search?search_su...ery&ship_to=US

I just typed in "quilt" in the search all items...you do realize that just about anything that got "tagged" with the word quilt will show up..patterns, books, etc..NOT just a hand made quilt!

But, either way...that is a whole lot for people to browse through if they want to BUY a quilt!

I've sold a few on Etsy. Love that site! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by charmpacksplus View Post
    I've sold a few on Etsy. Love that site! :-)
    I'd love to too. Like someone else said, that's a lot of weeding thru quilts to find the one you want to buy. Of course, I saw many I'd love to buy.. I mean MAKE. MAKE quilts... not buy quilts.

It amazes me how many people try to sell a quilt on Etsy with a picture that only shows half of the quilt, as it is draped over something. Or it is hanging on a line and there is 70% background and only 30% quilt.
    They let you have a LOT of pictures free, unlike ebay - I would like to see at least ONE that shows the ENTIRE quilt.

Plus a lot of people give minimal info about the quilt, so you don't even know if it is machine quilted or what.

Quote Originally Posted by ptquilts View Post
    It amazes me how many people try to sell a quilt on Etsy with a picture that only shows half of the quilt, as it is draped over something. Or it is hanging on a line and there is 70% background and only 30% quilt.
    They let you have a LOT of pictures free, unlike ebay - I would like to see at least ONE that shows the ENTIRE quilt.
    Plus a lot of people give minimal info about the quilt, so you don't even know if it is machine quilted or what.

I used to sell on Ebay and the more info you had on your item, the better your chances were of selling it. Don't sell there any more. To many fees and do's and dont's. Not worth the trouble. LOL
    You can get older, but you never have to grow up! Tomorrow's just a future yesterday!-Greg Fergerson

I have sold similar items on both ebay and etsy, and since the holidays ebay is dead as a doornail for my items.

I had some quilted bibs that showed up under "Quilt'...so, maybe some of the total aren't just quilts...
    But, that still is some total...
    Tink's Mom (My name is really Susie)

Included in that 97,122 (updated #), there are currently 29 categories under "Quilt" on Etsy...everything from candles to furniture...so no, they most certainly aren't all what most here would consider quilts.
    There are 50,224 items under the 'quilt' subcategory of "Quilt"...and another 15 sub-subcategories of that section, ranging from postcards to pillows. A mere 5,249 have been tagged by their sellers as 'bed quilts', and only 291 as 'king' size.
    Where things show up, and how easy it is to find them, depends greatly on how accurately the seller tags the item (you get 13 tags per item), so it really pays to think like a customer when picking them.
    The Earth without art is just "Eh".

Quote Originally Posted by SWEETPEACHES View Post
    I'd love to too. Like someone else said, that's a lot of weeding thru quilts to find the one you want to buy. Of course, I saw many I'd love to buy.. I mean MAKE. MAKE quilts... not buy quilts.
    Do I sense a little guilt here? I refuse to even look at fleece, as I see it as an alternative to quilts, and as we all know there can be No Other.