Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: 99 cents and a question

I discovered this packet of fabric at Goodwill over the weekend for 99 cents & with my 10% discount card it was all of 89 cents!!

First picture shows a layout which previous owner had begun - 2nd picture shows the extra 3" squares (each stack has 75-80!) and there is one stack of appox. 75 (4") squares.

My question is what pattern was being attempted? I thought it was to be 'trip around the world' but there doesn't seem to be a center. I'm thinking of ripping out what is done and starting anew unless someone can direct me to the intended pattern. Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

sorry cant help pattern-wise...but i am seriously jealous...wish i could find quilting fabric @ my local thrift stores!

Not sure of the pattern either, but love the prints! Seems like you got one heck of a deal for 89 cents!

same here every time i go to the thrift stores around here they don't have any sort of fabric at all.

Blog Entries
    Love the fabric. LOVE the price! I think you should unsew it and start over. JMHO

Edited to say I looked at the picture again and I do see a pattern there with the rows of patterns going in a slant.

Blog Entries
    Give me a few hours for some free time and I'll put the block pattern in EQ using those colors and see if a pattern develops after putting the blocks together.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    I love those fabrics!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW, you got the deal of the century!! :D
    I bet it was going to be a TOTW- wouldn't be surprised.

around the world was my first thought too.... dont know why it cna't be one..... just add the appropriate blocks around the ends and u have a finshed center....

Any pattern will look nice....

what a find!

Looks like there is a diagonal pattern with the aqua plaid and the roses on white squares...
    I'd continue that pattern...

Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo
    Give me a few hours for some free time and I'll put the block pattern in EQ using those colors and see if a pattern develops after putting the blocks together.
    thanks - it's the pink ones that are throwing me off - think they were working toward a center instead of center out?
    What do you suppose the larger squares are for? Border?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by redturtle
    sorry cant help pattern-wise...but i am seriously jealous...wish i could find quilting fabric @ my local thrift stores!
    You and me both :mrgreen: :lol:

Pretty prints!

Pretty fabric!!!!!!111

Quote Originally Posted by mommamac
    I discovered this packet of fabric at Goodwill over the weekend for 99 cents & with my 10% discount card it was all of 89 cents!!

First picture shows a layout which previous owner had begun - 2nd picture shows the extra 3" squares (each stack has 75-80!) and there is one stack of appox. 75 (4") squares.

My question is what pattern was being attempted? I thought it was to be 'trip around the world' but there doesn't seem to be a center. I'm thinking of ripping out what is done and starting anew unless someone can direct me to the intended pattern. Thanks.

LOVE the prints and the WONDERFUL price. If you don't mind me asking where did you get a 10% discount card for Goodwill? :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    Can't wait to see what you create!

LOVE the prints and the WONDERFUL price. If you don't mind me asking where did you get a 10% discount card for Goodwill? :thumbup:[/quote]

PMd you

Blog Entries
    It didn't take much time and I had a few extra minutes. Here is three variations of the blocks sewn together as you have it in a quilt. With rotating the blocks I got three different patterns.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Pretty blocks and I am sure you will come up with a pattern to use. Can't beat the price.

Looks like stair steps.
    http://www.craftconn.com/Main.asp?Ta...roductID=27132

:thumbup:

Blog Entries
    so cool...!!!
    It didn't take much time and I had a few extra minutes. Here is three variations of the blocks sewn together as you have it in a quilt. With rotating the blocks I got three different patterns.

Quote Originally Posted by carolaug
    so cool...!!!
    I agree , how cool is that!!

bj
    I'm guessing it's 1/4 of a trip around the world. You'd make 4 identical sections then rotate them with the red block in the middle. The diagonals going out from the red would form the diamond trip design.

Pretty prints! Our goodwill hardly ever has fabric anymore, and you got a GREAT price.

Quote Originally Posted by bj
    I'm guessing it's 1/4 of a trip around the world. You'd make 4 identical sections then rotate them with the red block in the middle. The diagonals going out from the red would form the diamond trip design.
    I made 3 more sections & rotated them & tah dah - a TATW is forming. If you lived closer I'd think that you are the one that dropped these squares off at Goodwill. LOL I'm curious as to what size quilt I'll end up with.

Thanks everyone for your ideas. BellaBoo your variations are great - I may decide to chose one of those instead! This project has to 'wait in line' - maybe it'll be an incentive to get others done.

This board is wonderful!

I think in my small town all the fabric people give to thrift shops is donated to the quilting quild for the scrap quilts they donate. There is not much fabric to be found in those shops. You got a smoking deal for less than dollar. show us when you get done. This is great.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast