Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: ABC Baby Quilt

ABC Baby Quilt

I am planning out an alphabet baby quilt. I am planning for it to be 5 squares across and 6 down. I can't decide what size each block should be. I want it big enough to applique a picture and the letter in each block, but I don't want the quilt to large. I am planning to put a small sashing between each block and borders around the edge. I would love to hear your opinions

I would suggest 6" finished blocks. If you use 2" finished sashing and a 4" border you would have a 50 x 58 inch quilt which is a nice lap size.

I like the 6" block size, but I would probably make the sashing between more narrow, like 1" finished. Just MHO.
    Fay

"You can't help that. We're all mad here." - The Cheshire Cat from Alice in Wonderland.

Quote Originally Posted by faykilgore View Post
    I like the 6" block size, but I would probably make the sashing between more narrow, like 1" finished. Just MHO.
    I agree. 8" with 1" sashing would make a nice sized baby quilt. I can't wait to see pictures!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca