Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
? about LQSs >

? about LQSs

? about LQSs

Old 09-10-2009, 08:30 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by siss
you can pick up a small rotary cutter and cutting mat at our local dollar store. won't take up much space. have a great trip.
I use one of these cutting mats, too! They are thin plastic, can be rolled up, and do work in a pinch or for traveling!! I spent $2 for it at a dollar store.
Old 09-10-2009, 10:25 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by butterflywing
have you considered taking your sewing machine and leaving dh at home?
:lol: :lol: but under the mattress is a good idea. put everything in a big ziplock or two, or three, lay it out as flat as possible, and keep it under the mattress at your feet. put the fabric pieces under your mattress at the head. it's good to sleep with your head slightly elevated. :lol:
ROFLMAO ! I love the visual I'm getting with that!
Old 09-11-2009, 10:40 AM

Hi, I hope you get lots and lots of gold, wish we were there with you, its been awhile. I have seen some web sites that sell good things to hold those nuggets in. Bought two necklaces for my MIL and GMIL to hold their dust that hubby found. Be careful in Arizona, ran into some interesting biting objects expecially scorpions. We stopped right out side of prescott and did a stream or two near the campgrounds. Also went out in the desert, very fond memories of those days. Have fun and get lots of gold, when you get back let me know how you did.
Old 09-11-2009, 04:40 PM

I'm tempted to ask what DH is going to be mining gold with. Maybe a shovel and one of those over-sized pie tins? Is he taking those with him or buying new once he gets there? How about his boots or waders? I'm thinking you could probably stash most of your tools INSIDE some of his tools....a boot would hold a rotary cutter, scissors, small ruler, tape measure, box of pins, with the other boot holding FGs in ziplock baggies. A smaller mat would fit in the bottom of a suitcase.
Old 09-11-2009, 06:02 PM
Power Poster

I'd be telling DH to have a good time, call me when you get there. 8)
Old 09-11-2009, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by RuthiesRetreat3
I'm tempted to ask what DH is going to be mining gold with. Maybe a shovel and one of those over-sized pie tins? Is he taking those with him or buying new once he gets there? How about his boots or waders? I'm thinking you could probably stash most of your tools INSIDE some of his tools....a boot would hold a rotary cutter, scissors, small ruler, tape measure, box of pins, with the other boot holding FGs in ziplock baggies. A smaller mat would fit in the bottom of a suitcase.
You gals are too much. :lol: Haven't you figured it out that hubbies just don't see things the way we gals do? (Remember they're from Mars. :lol: ) Just do what you have to do to get your things there and do it as subtly as possible. Better yet, make it look like it is HIS idea.
Old 09-13-2009, 09:54 AM

:D Well if you go; your supplies go, this is what I would tell your man.
I'm sure he is taking all manner of mining gear. You would go crazy without something to do. Then you would have to tell him how to mine and to do it neatly and all sorts of the things to drive him up a wall. It will keep him safe :lol: and you happy.
safe trip.
Karen,WV
Old 09-13-2009, 10:14 AM

Okay -- now DH has decided it won't take up much room....LOL -- when I suggested we leave beer behind he got a WHOLE new attitude! ROL :mrgreen: Actually, I showed him how much room it would take.....he then said he thought I meant to take the sewing machine, too. Heck, who knows, I MAY hide that in the closet! :shock:
Old 09-13-2009, 11:32 AM

Glad that you are able to figure out how to take a mat and cutter. But I do know that if you walked into our LQS, they would be really happy to help. And there are always local quilters working in the back room, that would probably let you use their items for some limited cutting. It never hurts to ask. I have met some of the greatest people by sitting down and talking with them and know that if asked nicely, it wouldn't be a problem. I would be the type that jumps right in and help you cut whatever you needed.
Old 09-13-2009, 12:41 PM

Thank you everyone for the ideas and well-wishes. I just remembered the clubhouse at the mining camp has BIG LONG tables! I was kinda worried that if I bought more than fat quarters, I wouldn't be able to cut them in our 5th wheel. But now that I figured out I can go to the clubhouse and lay out whatever I want!!!! YIPPPEEEE!!! I can't wait to go! Another month or 6 weeks. :mrgreen: Yeah, and the more I think of it, the more I think I'll take the little sewing machine...LOL