Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
???? about a Pfaff Hobby 1200 grand quilter >

???? about a Pfaff Hobby 1200 grand quilter

???? about a Pfaff Hobby 1200 grand quilter

Old 05-29-2014, 09:57 AM

Default ???? about a Pfaff Hobby 1200 grand quilter

Does anybody out there have a this type of machine? My friend has a chance to buy one for quilting
on a Handi-Quilt frame. Is it like the Brother Novelle 1500?
Old 05-29-2014, 11:49 AM
KLO

Yes, I have one. Up to this point I have only used it on a table but will shortly be setting it up on an Inspira frame. They only straight sew which is great for quilting and they sew a lot of stitches very quickly (1600 per minute). It has good space (approx. 9 inches) and a strong motor. There is not much to taking care of it except to keep the lint cleaned out and oil, oil, oil it. They do like to drink their oil. I like the needle down feature and the thread cutting button also. It's heavy and does not do a walk about. Nice machine but I don't know anything about the Novelle 1500 so don't know how they compare.
Old 05-29-2014, 11:56 AM

My friend has one, and I recently got to work with her in quilting something for me. She has the Grace frame. I know many people with long arm set-ups, and it seems like there is always some trouble - tension, thread breaking, etc. My friend seems to be in harmony with her machine, and it was so relaxing to work with her. I did all of the quilting, and the only problems we had happened twice when we didn't have the bobbin snapped in - user error. She has said as KLO has mentioned that you need to brush out the lint frequently and oil it a lot. It seems to be a machine that is NOT finicky about which brand thread you use.
Old 05-29-2014, 01:08 PM

Thank you for the in put. I have the Brother 1500, and it is a straight stitch only, and goes 1500 stitches a minute.
Must be close the same workings. I'll have to tell my friend that if the Pfaff is in good condition buy it.
Old 05-29-2014, 07:04 PM

I have one I'm fixing to put on the market. Mine is on a grace frame with a stitch regulator. I have really enjoyed quilting on it, but I'm getting a 21" longarm delivered on Saturday. This was a great machine to use as a beginner machine on a frame. I've gained much experience, and it was a very reasonable set up to see if I was going to enjoy quilting that way.
The only draw back is the 9" arm -- you have to turn it frequently, but I would never have invested the money you have to for a large machine without trying this first. I've had it 2 years, and am so thankful for the experience I gained using it.
Old 05-30-2014, 07:27 AM

I have both the Pfaff 1200 and the Brother 1500. Until I got my Voyager 17, I used the Pfaff on my Hinterburg frame and the Brother to piece with. They are both good machines, very dependable. I've never had to have either one in for any problem. Like others said, keep them cleaned and oiled and your should not have any problems with either one.
Old 11-29-2014, 12:24 PM

Default Pfaff Hobby 1200 grand quilter on Hinterburg frame?

I have a Hinterburg frame which has a box to hold the foot control which is attached to a stitch regulator that worked just fine when using an old Kenmore machine. I've bought a Pfaff Hobby 1200 grand quilter and can't seem to get the electronic foot control to work when on the frame. It works when out of the box. Question for Sandy -- How did you work the foot control of the Pfaff Hobby 1200 grand quilter on your Hinterburg frame
Thanks, JudyEE
Old 12-02-2014, 04:32 AM

JudyEE...........I sent you a PM yesterday