Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: About the UFO Challenge

Back in September about 35-40 of us promised to finish one (or more) UFO's by Dec 31. It's almost time. Have you kept the promise that you made to yourself?

Blog Entries
    If I signed up, then yes I did :D:D:D That was far enough back that I don't remember doing it or not :roll::lol::lol:

And if I signed up, well, then no I didn't LOL
    But I will finish some in January, I promise!!

New challenge for the New Year anyone? One project a month....finished?

One project a month!! Thats my plan!!

I have put together the Underground Railroad sampler 6" size blocks tonight with the 2 inch sashings. Cut the backing and binding and it is stretched on the table, ready for quilting and binding tomorrow. This was started a year ago at this time! so one down!

I do not know if I could complete one a month, but I do have a queen sized in the frame. Maybe I could set a deadline for that. Also "Danbury" has become a UFO while I worked on things for Christmas. I could get back on that....

Quote Originally Posted by Deb watkins
    I have put together the Underground Railroad sampler 6" size blocks tonight with the 2 inch sashings. Cut the backing and binding and it is stretched on the table, ready for quilting and binding tomorrow. This was started a year ago at this time! so one down!
    Is that the Eleanor Burns Pattern? Would love to see it.

Since we started the UFO Challenge I got 3 done but have plenty more to work on for the next UFO Challenge.

Blog Entries
    LucyInTheSky will soon be announcing the UFO Challenge for 2010. Watch for it here, in the Main section. :P

I know I will start 2010 with at least 12 UFOs. If i ever reorganize and do a proper inventory, I'll bet i find more hiding in drawers and corners. :shock:

Yes, I think I finished the one project that i had been working on for 10 yrs. lOL. Now off to the long armer as it is a queen size quilt.

Blog Entries
    i finished about 8 ufo projects this past fall...but still have a stack in the closet, so at least one a month sounds do-able for a new goal...hoping for more, but not pushing it makes it more feasable to accomplish; have to get my machine back though, weird but i do more hand stitching and get more done when the machine is on the sewing table, kind of lost when it's not there...not able to stay on task well at all without it, even when i'm not using it...must be my security blanket :)

Quote Originally Posted by RobEGurl
    New challenge for the New Year anyone? One project a month....finished?
    :shock: :shock: no way could I do this :lol: :lol: :lol: , but I will try 1 every 6 months! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I just post the UFO Challenge of the Month Thread with moderator approval - http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-32637-1.htm

Basically, you complete a UFO each month. See thread for details

Quote Originally Posted by dglvr
    Yes, it is the Quilt in a Day Underground Railroad. I did all the 6" blocks about a year at this time, then tucked them aways as other projets took ?priority?. Finally decided that it was time to get things done for ME. Thought I had better get right to it, before something else came along.

Yes, it is the Quilt in a Day Underground Railroad. I did all the 6" blocks about a year at this time, then tucked them aways as other projets took ?priority?. Finally decided that it was time to get things done for ME. Thought I had better get right to it, before something else came along.
    I have several of those tucked away projects myself. I'm almost done with my last 09 Christmas present. Yaaaaa.
    Then I'll be getting my UFO's started again. The "My stuff". I was thinking about purchasing that Underground Railroad book the other day but kept telling myself no you have enough projects. Now I wish I had gotten it. Well when your done with yours please post a picture. I would love to see it.

I finished the quilt I was working on.

I have several of those tucked away projects myself. I'm almost done with my last 09 Christmas present. Yaaaaa.
    Then I'll be getting my UFO's started again. The "My stuff". I was thinking about purchasing that Underground Railroad book the other day but kept telling myself no you have enough projects. Now I wish I had gotten it. Well when your done with yours please post a picture. I would love to see it.
    That pesky housework is calling - so my goal today is to get that done...then finish the wallhanging and post it TODAY. Now it may be at 11:59pm......but that is the plan.

Blog Entries
    I got a couple of mini's done. Didn't get to some of the bigger projects I should've worked on :roll: Plan to follow through on the UFO challenge set out this past week :-D

I didn't finish mine. I kept it on the couch that whole time but only got 3 houses done. And then I had to put it away during the holidays, but I will get it back out when the tree is down and the furniture back where it belongs. I feel like I should just try to finish it by the end of 2010 now. In the meantime I did make two rag quilts and another lap size quilt, do they count? :)

That pesky housework is calling - so my goal today is to get that done...then finish the wallhanging and post it TODAY. Now it may be at 11:59pm......but that is the plan.
    Alas, I had to give it up. I thought at 11:12 when I was starting to put on the binding, YES, I am going to make it. But as the clock showed 12:02, I knew I was defeated. So, if I wait, I can have it done for January goal.

:roll: :roll:

Blog Entries
    Deb I hope you get everything done for yourself. Ther's
    alway something that takes priority. Good Luck!

Marilyn in Oklahoma

I have lots I need to finish, first I need to do the doll quilt. Then I will figure out what needs doing next.

I've made myself a promise that I would finish 3 things before starting something new..so far I have two tops ready to sew rows together. I saw the cutest thing online yesterday and I'm ready to start it but I'm trying to hold to my promise. Anyone else have tons of things started

Regina

I started on mine and then DD asked me to make two quilts for her future mother and father in law. One queen and a king. Everything came to a standstill so I could get them done. Finished on Christmas Eve. Now I start on that UFO again.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast