Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
AccuQuilt 9in Hex die question.... >

AccuQuilt 9in Hex die question....

AccuQuilt 9in Hex die question....

Old 02-09-2012, 06:26 AM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....
Default AccuQuilt 9in Hex die question....

anyone know what die I need to use on the corners to sqaure up the Hex???? I saw a floating Hex pattern in one of my magazines but I wanted to use my GO Hex die instead of their templates..

Thanks..
Old 02-09-2012, 07:50 AM
Power Poster

I have this die but I cut the hex in half to have straight edges. Here is a free pattern using full hexagons on the go website: http://www.accuquilt.com/catalogsear...ult/?q=hexagon
Old 02-12-2012, 12:11 AM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

i ended up using the isosceles die to get straight edges.. thanks for the info bellaboo.. that link gave me the idea.. I had to trim them down but it was was easier than sewing grandmothers flower garden hex pattern..
Old 02-12-2012, 06:22 AM

I have that die, have not used it yet and am not in my sewing cave but.........I am guessing a HST with the bias edge against the hex is what you need....so measure one of the edges of the hex and that would be the long line of your triangle (forgot the "official" name of that line) long time since math class!!!!!or just lay cut hex on paper and with ruler extend one of thlines in two direction for FINISHED SIZE of HST--remember hex does NOT have 1/4"seam allowances on die....it is the finished hex..........if you use the cut edge as 1/4" allowance then refigure your HST.........I think on Accucut website there is a chart somewhere that will give you what you need faster than this......