Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Accuquilt Go! Strip Cutter >

Accuquilt Go! Strip Cutter

Accuquilt Go! Strip Cutter

Old 08-13-2012, 11:23 AM

I love my June Taylor shape cut for strips, I have a couple of them in different sizes - makes quick work of strips. I dislike cutting strips on my Go - June is so much faster. My space is limited, so I have to set up the Go, find the die that I want. I use strips alot, and can make any size blocks with the June Taylor just by doing a couple of cuts. Very accurate.

Originally Posted by nygal View Post
I never saw the June Taylor before. I just watched a video on it and it looks GREAT. I like that you don't waste fabric like you do with the high end cutting "systems".
Old 08-13-2012, 11:55 AM
Power Poster

I use the June Taylor Shape Cut more to square up my blocks then for cutting strips.
Old 08-13-2012, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by krysti View Post
I'm glad you are all liking the strip dies. I have been wanting one; but every time Joann's has theirs on sale, they don't have any and anytime I've seen them; they are quite pricey--more so than the regular square or hst dies and such. I have the Go Baby. Can anyone tell me where a good place to get the strip dies at a decent price? Thanks!
Krysti, I haven't ordered from them but www.quilting-warehouse.com has all of their dies at least 30% off. The 2.5" strip cutter that fits the Baby is 35% off - Retail: $59.99 Price: $38.99. I'm not sure how much shipping is. I think it's free if you spend a certain amount.

I think the only other place where we can get any other strip dies for the Baby is the accuquilt website. They are listed under the "dies to try" section.

Old 08-18-2012, 01:29 PM
Banned

I do love using my AccuQuilt GO! and dies, very much. But, for typical strip cutting I find the June Tailor ruler to be faster & more efficient than the GO! strip dies. But, it is funny, as I find that I wouldn't use the June Tailor ruler when cutting up bits of scraps, yet I love using the GO! Strip die to cut up scraps that would typically get tossed. It is so easy to layer pieces of scraps, stacking them on top of each other and down the row of the strip die and ending up with very usable pieces. I can then slice them into pieces for blocks (e.g. 5", 6", 8") or easily stitch them into long strips to make a Jelly Roll Race Quilt.
Old 08-18-2012, 01:30 PM
Banned

Checkout www.fingertipshopping.blogspot.com this coming Monday as you'll hear about a sale, that has most of the AccuQuilt products at 35% off (GO!, Baby, Dies and Mats).