Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Accuquilt Go Stuff

I finally ordered dies for the Accuquilt Go.

A couple weeks ago I asked the group what dif people liked for dies. I ended up getting, I think, every one that was suggested and prob 2 more. I thought it was Christmas!

Half Sq 3" Triangle- $24.00
    Chisels - $25.00
    Isosceles Triangle - $20.00
    Parallelogram - $15.00
    6.5 Tumbler - $19.00
    Diamond - $19.00
    4 1/2 strip $79.99,
    10 x 24 mat free
    6 x 12 cutting mat Free
    shipping was Fed Ex for free.

Thank you all for the suggestions........ I truly appreciate it! The man I worked with on pricing in Virginia, I can highly recommend. Maybe at some point we can get up an order and get better prices. You never know.

Blog Entries
    I bought the 6 1/2 inch square and love it!

I wonder if it was the same guy I was working with?? They're also in VA.. Not far from where we used to live when we lived there. :lol:
    I only bought 4 extra dies plus extra cutting mats for all (have to be prepared). :lol:

Did you say you've gotten it already? If so, do you find you have a lot of "static cling" to your mat? I've even gone so far as to rub a bounce sheet on it and still I have static cling!.

Blog Entries
    I bought mine at Nashua Sew and Vac. They gave me 15% off....cheaper than the internet for that one.

Blog Entries
    I have some static cling but no big deal. I just pull it off. So much better than using a rotary knife. I also ordered a 2 1/2 inch strip from the internet since it was 50.00 25.00 cheaper than Joanne's fabric store.

I bought mine off eBay with no shipping. I did the "make an offer" and they came back with a good counteroffer (only $10 more than what I had offered)

Quote Originally Posted by carolaug
    I have some static cling but no big deal. I just pull it off. So much better than using a rotary knife. I also ordered a 2 1/2 inch strip from the internet since it was 50.00 25.00 cheaper than Joanne's fabric store.
    Yeah, it's no big deal, I was just wondering if it was only me :lol: since it's so dry here.

I order that too, but paid 55 cents more for it!. :lol: I also ordered the tumber, the 5 inch square and the chisel, plus extra mats for each.

I wish we were all by each other then we could share the dies.

Blog Entries
    I am hoping a few of my friends will get one. So far I am the only one that bought one....totally love it. Makes quilting so much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Donna Mare
    I finally ordered dies for the Accuquilt Go.

A couple weeks ago I asked the group what dif people liked for dies. I ended up getting, I think, every one that was suggested and prob 2 more. I thought it was Christmas!

Half Sq 3" Triangle- $24.00
    Chisels - $25.00
    Isosceles Triangle - $20.00
    Parallelogram - $15.00
    6.5 Tumbler - $19.00
    Diamond - $19.00
    4 1/2 strip $79.99,
    10 x 24 mat free
    6 x 12 cutting mat Free
    shipping was Fed Ex for free.

Thank you all for the suggestions........ I truly appreciate it! The man I worked with on pricing in Virginia, I can highly recommend. Maybe at some point we can get up an order and get better prices. You never know.
    Wow..I just got my AccuQuilt Go about 2 weeks ago..I haven't tried it yet...I am anxious to get going..have you had yours for awhile?

Blog Entries
    two weeks...already made two quilts and a third one ready to go...love it....just make sure that you lay out all your squares and make sure you sew the side that is the same.

I have static on mine as well. I wipe it with a fabric sheet before I cut.

By reading the various posts here.. I think I will call him back and order the 6 1/2 inch square before he ships my order out today. Should be under 20. Thank you Carol. I debated on the 2 1/2 strip. Thought I might do that with the rotary for a while. It is pricey !! Will def put it on my list to get. TY..

Tuesy Oren is the one I bought from.

THanks for the tips on the static.. Haven't used the Go yet. Should have it the first of next week. You all are giving great info and it's also nice to know what dies others really like!

This would be a good link to keep going.. Or maybe start a Go link so we can share info..tips , etc....

Blog Entries
    What does that mean to "make sure you lay out all your squares" ?
    two weeks...already made two quilts and a third one ready to go...love it....just make sure that you lay out all your squares and make sure you sew the side that is the same.

Blog Entries
    I'd also like to see a Go thread on here.
    This would be a good link to keep going.. Or maybe start a Go link so we can share info..tips , etc....[/quote]

TF quilter.

I got mine about a month ago and have been doing the die search.. I am ready to rock next week when they come in. Have some things I have to have ready for Christmas.

I will be playing today on it with the die that come with it. Got my sewing machine up and going... I haven't quilted for many many years.. Been buying fabric for a few months, saving patterns and pics from here...collecting tuts.. THis group is so fantastic...love the sharing they do! It sure helps me.

Quote Originally Posted by plainpat
    I'd also like to see a Go thread on here.
    This would be a good link to keep going.. Or maybe start a Go link so we can share info..tips , etc....
    [/quote]

Ditto Pat. This one is a start. People are commenting and sharing. That is the great part. Many have had Go's for awhile.. They are teaching me, for sure!

Blog Entries
    Love the quote on your post.....so true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Donna Mare
    TF quilter.

I got mine about a month ago and have been doing the die search.. I am ready to rock next week when they come in. Have some things I have to have ready for Christmas.

I will be playing today on it with the die that come with it. Got my sewing machine up and going... I haven't quilted for many many years.. Been buying fabric for a few months, saving patterns and pics from here...collecting tuts.. THis group is so fantastic...love the sharing they do! It sure helps me.

Blog Entries
    the squares are the same but you need to make sure you line them up the same way...each side of the square if different. make sure if you have a picture that needs to face a certain way...you use that one as a sample to make sure the other square line up like that. I made the mistake on my first quilt not knowing that...so the seams are not perfect...on my second quilt I made sure all the blocks lined up the same way...the seams look great...I feel bad that the one I am giving to son number one...is not as good as son number two...but they both do look great...

Blog Entries
    I make sure to use all of my scraps and use the 2 1/2 triangle...cut right sides together..just two pieces of different fabric and sew ASAP...that way you do not have to line up the pieces again before sewing and they are perfect.

I make sure to use all of my scraps and use the 2 1/2 triangle...cut right sides together..just two pieces of different fabric and sew ASAP...that way you do not have to line up the pieces again before sewing and they are perfect.
    Great tip.. Thank you !!!

Blog Entries
    I spray the cutting mat with Static Guard. It stops all the static. I spray it on my hairbrush too. I buy it at Walmart I think about $2. It's usually in most grocery stores.

http://www.mystaticguard.com/static-...tips-index.cfm

Blog Entries
    I'm saving all the tips till Santa gets here :-)

Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo
    I spray the cutting mat with Static Guard. It stops all the static. I spray it on my hairbrush too. I buy it at Walmart I think about $2. It's usually in most grocery stores.

Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo

Nice to know, thank you, BellaBoo I put it in my notes !!

Thanks for the tips on the static, I have it too!

My dies are getting shipped today. Can't wait for FedEx to drop off my package !!

Carrie Your dog is cute. love the mottling on her coat..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast