Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Accuquilt Go! >

Accuquilt Go!

Accuquilt Go!

Old 02-23-2011, 08:47 AM

Thanks for the input.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:47 AM

I guess, from what I am reading, that you don't have to have the expensive dies.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by Mazda
I am brand new to quilting, but I am loving it. I am considering buying the Accuquilt Go fabric cutting Machine, but would like some input from you all.
I just recently purchased one last month with a package deal. I think that is the way to go, if you can. I love mine, although I haven't used it too much except for cutting strips and 2" squares.
Go to the Accuquilt Go! website and watch the videos. Or YouTube and type in Accuquilt Go and there is alot of them.

Joann Fabric has them on sale this week for $199. Memorymiser.com has 30% off on their Accuquilt Go and dies. Don't know how long her sale will last, maybe just this week. I have never seen any dies at 30% off before.
Old 02-23-2011, 11:39 AM
Banned

I guess, from what I am reading, that you don't have to have the expensive dies.
if all you are doing is cutting strips and squares, then NO there is no need to buy a die cutter!

If you have a physical issue with cutting fabric, then NO the die cutter will not really help. You still need to precut your fabric to fit into the machines.
Old 02-23-2011, 11:45 AM

All I know is that I just pieced a log cabin. 80% of the strips were cut with the Go and I hand cut the rest. I would consider myself a confident beginner to an intermediate level quilter. The Go! pieces were dead on. The ones I cut had some variances.

The Alto may be more economical to cut strips but you do have the versatiity with the Go to do more if you wish.
Old 02-23-2011, 11:53 AM
Power Poster

I don't understand the big waste of fabric thing. I seldom have more then 1/4" waste around each die. I only cover the die blades not the die. I can cut 6, 5, 4 inch squares from a piece of fabric on the Go and then use those cuts to have no waste at all cutting shapes from the other dies. No waste at all in less time then to line up the fabric on a mat with a ruler.
Old 07-02-2011, 11:20 AM

I love, love the die cutter...I cut squares and strips in seconds...totally recommend! I also have the Studio...and I really love it...
Old 07-02-2011, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
Originally Posted by seamstome
I love it for cutting accurate strips. There is alot of waste in many of the dies. Depends on what you like to do.
If you are going to do alot of log cabins or quilt that take strips, baby quilts or applique I would think it would be worth it.
if you are only going to cut strips, then check into the Alto cutter...much better deal really.
Not if you have shoulder problems, carpal tunnel or arthritis, because you'll still be using a rotary cutter. The Go is great for cutting strips! And for HSTs - what a dream to cut them out with the fabrics facing each other RST, pick them up and sew them. No need to trim them! No dog ears! I cut out an entire lap quilt of squares and HSTs in 30 minutes!
Old 07-02-2011, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
if all you are doing is cutting strips and squares, then NO there is no need to buy a die cutter!

If you have a physical issue with cutting fabric, then NO the die cutter will not really help. You still need to precut your fabric to fit into the machines.
I have shoulder, back and wrist problems, and that's why I love the Go cutter. I do VERY LITTLE PRECUTTING. I may have to cut 1 strip of each fabric for the Go, but that's ALL. Much easier than cutting out all the pieces. Sometimes I don't even have to pre-cut. It all depends on the piece of fabric. With FQs, I usually don't have to do any pre-cutting.
Old 07-03-2011, 05:33 AM

I have the accu quilt go and love it. What a time saver. Love being able to cut a block and it is ready to sew. Can't wait to see what new dies will be coming out. I have 8.