Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
AccuQuilt Go >

AccuQuilt Go

AccuQuilt Go

Old 01-10-2013, 04:46 AM

Default AccuQuilt Go

I am thinking about buying the AccuQuilt Go. My question is: Is it worth the price and will it save me time and money in the long run? The few women I know that has one absolutely loves it, but then I read comments and they say the mats and dies wear out quickly. Any input is appreciated. I usually don't have trouble making up my mind, but I'm having difficulty with this decision. ~~Ann~~
Old 01-10-2013, 05:05 AM

I like mine, but the dies are very expensive. The cuts are accurate and it does save time. Some say it wastes fabric, but once you get used to using it you can figure out how to cut that down. Ebay sometimes has good prices on dies. I buy from them and there is another website I can't think of the name right now, but they are more reasonable on the die prices. The mats wear out but they aren't that expensive. Hope this helps.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:07 AM

My sewing buddy and I bought the AccuQuilt Go together. We decide together which dies to purchase and split the cost on every thing. Both of us like it and it is easy to transfer from one house to the other. No regrets so far. It does save time and I get a perfect cut every tme. I especially like the rag quilts. It does take a little muscle when using the rag quilt die but much easier than sniping all those edges.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:33 AM
Power Poster

I have had the Go as soon as it was available to buy. It is essential to me now as my sewing machine. If the cost of the dies and mats will be a concern then don't buy it because new dies are available all the time. I have very little fabric waste, about 1/4" around each die blade shape. My Go turns like butter, I guess because I use it all the time but it was stiff turning at first. I buy the mats on sale and keep a big stash of them. When someone asks me what I want for a present I say a new Go die. My family likes that, easy shopping.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:58 AM
Power Poster

The mats will wear out, Think of how often you change your blade on you rotary cutter. There are ways to increase it's life. Cutting the exact same die in the exact same place will wear it out quickest, so on every cut, try an position it in a slightly different area, for each cut. Flip it end for end, and use both sides. As far as your comment on the dies wearing out quickly, I have never heard of a die wearing out. I have some that I've used several thousand times. If it's not cutting, you need a new pad, not a new die.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:10 AM
Power Poster

The dies I have from years ago are still cutting like just fine. The mats are the items that wear out the more you use them. They crack and where the crack is, the fabric won't get cut. I move my mat around until it is almost in pieces.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:29 AM
Power Poster

I have both the go and studio cutters and really like them!
Old 01-10-2013, 08:39 AM

I have the go baby and use it all the time....love it!!!
Old 01-10-2013, 08:44 AM

Would not have made grandma's flower garden without it. LOVE it!
Old 01-10-2013, 08:54 AM
Power Poster

The Go and dies were much cheaper then any sewing machine I have bought. I think I'd hand piece if I had to choose between the Go and the sewing machine. That's how much I like the die cuts.