Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Accuquilt Go >

Accuquilt Go

Accuquilt Go

Old 01-24-2016, 08:36 PM

Default Accuquilt Go

I am considering purchasing the Accuquilt Go (the big one with a package deal of dies) from either QVC or HSN. I would appreciate any input as to how you that have one like it and the pro's and con's about it.

Thanks a lot for your thoughts.
Old 01-24-2016, 08:50 PM

I have the studio model. I love using it instead of rotary cutting. I have problems in shoulders, arms, and handes, so using the studio is very helpful for me. Mostly I strip quilt, so i am collecting the strip die. They are expensive, so I buy them only when on sale.

Are QVC and HSN priced lower than Accuquilt?

Just keep in mind that you have to prepare the fabric for cutting exactly as you do for rotary cutting.
Old 01-24-2016, 09:04 PM

I use the Accuquilt GO. The dies are really expensive. There's fabric waste when you use it and it seems to be more waste than with rotary cutting. Other than that, I love it WHEN I have lots of certain sized pieces to cut. I'm finding that I really don't use it as much as I thought I would though.
Old 01-24-2016, 10:49 PM

I got one for Christmas and I'm loving it! I have shoulder problems, so it makes a big difference. I have the strip bundle with multiple widths, and bought a couple more recently when on sale. I guess there is a tad more waste, but I definitely like the precision and also how fast it works!
Old 01-24-2016, 11:19 PM

I would recommend you check prices on the Accuquilt website too. My guess you will get free shipping with Accuquilt and I don't get charged for the State tax either. They have great sales too. I love using my Go. I have a lot of shapes and cutting up to six at a time is great. Cutting my binding for the entire quilt is great too. If you have quilting friends they will want to come over and use it too.
Old 01-25-2016, 01:18 AM

I have it and love it, careful placing of fabric eliminates a lot of waste,
Old 01-25-2016, 03:46 AM

i have the go baby and i love it for cutting hexies and applecore the only 2 dies i have right now, straight cuts i'm ok with and have lots of rulers but for curvy and other odd shapes i like the go for that
Old 01-25-2016, 04:55 AM

Could I have lived without it? yes. Am I glad I have it? Yes! I particularly like the accuracy of the triangle dies. The orange peel die was a real time saver. It greatly reduced the monotony of cutting hundreds of curved pieces with matching interfacing using a template with scissors or rotary cutter.
Old 01-25-2016, 05:09 AM
Power Poster

I love my GO. I have all three versions. I consider it as important as my sewing machine. I don't know why so many think there is a big fabric waste. I have about 1/4" or less of fabric waste around my die. It's all in how place the fabric. You don't cover the whole die with fabric. There is great informative Facebook group that I've learned how to use dies to get different cuts and the sales are always listed there first. Accuquilt just has a 40% off sale. I don't think the dies are expensive considering the value, but sales are always nice. You will have to buy new mats. Using a beat up old mat will result in bad cuts. There is a way to bake the mats to heal the cracks, the tute is on the Facebook page. As for HSN, you may pay more but the flex pay really helps many customers.
Old 01-25-2016, 05:17 AM

I have had my Accuquilt for almost 2 years. I have found I use the strip dies 90% of the time (for borders, to make string quilts with leftovers, and for sashing). I have 3 different sizes. Before you buy the bundle of dies, think about what types of quilts you like to make. But by all means go for it!