Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Accuquilt Go

Has anyone purchased this and extra dies? Is it worth the investment?

I have it along with several dies. Haven't had a chance to do much with it yet. It does make quick work of 2 1/2 strips/jelly roll type. My friend has one that she absolutely loves. (Her recommendation persuaded me to buy also) She can cut and sew a simple quilt in a weekend now.

I have one and I love it. I helped my sister cut tumbling blocks and she loved it too and now she borrows it from me!

Blog Entries
    I have the Go and lots of the dies. I would buy the Go instead of a new sewing machine. The dies are easy to find on sale. Getting a new die for Christmas, Mother's Day, Birthday, and Anniversary are 4 new ones every year. More if you have several children who never know what to get you. To me the dies are like buying quilting books or patterns, they are the patterns.

Blog Entries
    Do a search on the Accuquilt (see search option at top of page) and you will find some recent threads with good info.

I have a Go! and like it. The company recently lifted its bans on advertising for less than retail, so it's possible to find some really good bargains on the Go! and dies online.

I also advise joining the accucutquilters groups at htt://groups.yahoo.com ; lots of good info there too.

Hi Guys,

Are the go dies the same thickness as the sizzix dies? I am thinking of buying the sizzix pro which has fabric cutting dies designed by Westminster Fabrics as the Accuquilt is not yet available over here and DH is asking what I am wanting for my birthday!

Hugs

Caroline

Blog Entries
    As I recall from reading posts on the accucutquilters group, the Sizzic dies are not compatible with the Accuquilt Go! or Studio machines. You may want to double-check that, though.

Thanks Prism99

Blog Entries
    You can get some good deals for the Go Dies on Amazon. I just bought a 2 1/2 inch strip die and the cutting mat that goes for it for 74.00 that includes shipping cost. Sounds like a lot but its cheaper than having to keep buying rotary blades and it so fast and easy!

Blog Entries
    Is this die hard to sew? any glue? http://www.accuquilt.com/GO-Rob-Pete...Set-P3621.aspx
    Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo
    I have the Go and lots of the dies. I would buy the Go instead of a new sewing machine. The dies are easy to find on sale. Getting a new die for Christmas, Mother's Day, Birthday, and Anniversary are 4 new ones every year. More if you have several children who never know what to get you. To me the dies are like buying quilting books or patterns, they are the patterns.

Quote Originally Posted by carolaug
    No need for glue. :) If you need sewing directions, I have a video that I made showing how.

http://quiltpossible.com/12/06/67/

I am looking for the Rob Peter to pay Paul die does anyone have one for sale?

GO!! for it. I LOVE mine, best thing I have done for myself in years. You wont be sorry. I have had no trouble, and the time it saves is unbelievable.
    Some people visit paradise, I live there.

Best thing I have ever bought!! Have many dies. Prob will get the studio in the future
    Judy

Banned
    Blog Entries
    NOPE, I bought the Big Shot and Big shot pro from Sizzix, and about $500 in dies...both accuquilt and sizzix dies, and the shims, stuff for doing textures/embossing, extended trays and pads, you name it...so far I have about $5,000 in machines and dies, because I also have the orginal Sizzix cutter and an Ellison die cutter as well with dies for both of those! Soon they will need there own closet/room!

I had one and found that I didn't use it as much as I thought I would. So I ended up selling it. For me it was a lot of trouble to have to set it up and then take it down. But that's just me.

Kathie

I like mine. I am not an avid quilter. I use it for my quilt pieces and for cutting for other stitching as well. I love the 2 1/2 strip cutter and the 5 in square.

Blog Entries
    here are a bunch of free PDF patterns for the Go http://www.thriftyideastoday.com/201...-patterns.html - I love the 2 1/2 inch strip die, 5 inch square, my favorite is the tumbler, the circle die and the 10 inch square, retangle, oh and so many more...

After much thought (I have RA in my cutting hand) I finally got to try a GO at my LQS. For me, and just me, I cannot justify the huge cost in machine and dies vs the benefits I would get. It was a little tricky to use with one hand in a brace and was hard to turn and guide with 4 or more layers. And it only solves one part of my problem - I still need to cut to square up blocks and quilts. So I invested $20.00 in a new hand brace and am trying different rotary cutters and will see dr. to get change in meds. And wait for the next generation of cutters. And get an iPad instead!

My opinion and my opinion only. I would definitely say that you should try before you buy.