Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: accuquilt go

What are your thoughts on this? I am thinking of getting one on Friday as it is on sale at Joanne's.

Use the search feature above and do a search. There have been at least a hundred threads on it. You'll get all the info. you need.

what are they on sale for? is it one of those limited deals?

the flyer i got in the mail has it on sale for 199.99.

I am pretty sure that you can use that 20% off sale price coupon on it since it is not a doorbuster. That would be $160 which would be great!

Senior Member Karen's Kreations's Avatar
    I love mine, especially the 2.5 inch strip die. There's an Acuquilt yahoo group that has lots of info.

Blog Entries
    Double check with your Joann's. Someone earlier said that her's was only going to have a total of "ONE" in the store at that price. :wink:

wow that really is bad if there is only one!

Quote Originally Posted by lhavelka
    I am pretty sure that you can use that 20% off sale price coupon on it since it is not a doorbuster. That would be $160 which would be great!
    The small print on the coupon says not valid on Accuquilt. Also, I called my local store today and they only have ONE available for Friday!! She said it could be ordered, but doubtful will be here before Christmas.

Love mine!

Blog Entries
    I had mine for several years. It still cuts like new and I don't baby it at all.

Love mine too!

accuquilt.com is also having a sale on their dies and the machines! found this from facebook

I have the accuquilt go and it's FANTASTIC for cutting the 2 1/2" strips. So far that's the only die I have except for the one that came with it. If you're making a log cabin, the rail fence or any other quilt that calls for lots of strips, this is a life saver and a time saver. I don't have a lot of space to lay a large mat for cutting strips so this is great for me.

be sure you check your Joann coupon. They are not valid on sewing machines, accuquilt etc.

Blog Entries
    I'm anxious to hear how you like yours, if you get one, as I'm thinking of getting one too. My concerns are, of course, the price, amount of space the accuquilt takes, and how much material is wasted. If you just want one for cutting strips, the ruler "Shape Cut" by June Taylor is a real real time saver, and would be alot cheaper than an accuquilt.

Quote Originally Posted by DonnaB
    I'm anxious to hear how you like yours, if you get one, as I'm thinking of getting one too. My concerns are, of course, the price, amount of space the accuquilt takes, and how much material is wasted. If you just want one for cutting strips, the ruler "Shape Cut" by June Taylor is a real real time saver, and would be alot cheaper than an accuquilt.
    There is about 1/2" waste on each side. The die cuts 3 strips at a time. I'm sure I'll be using my AccuGo more when I get more dies. Think I'll be using birthday/mother's day money to buy new dies. The dies cut on WOF so the waste is minimal. Everytime I think about getting the mat and rotary cutter out for strips, I'm so glad for the AccuGo.

I bought o nee and did not use it. It wastes too much material and it is too hard to turn. I sold it for half price.

Blog Entries
    Check your coupon it says not to be used on the Accuquilter etc. I asked at the store.

Yes, I never get to use any coupons on any of the Accuquilt stuff,not even the dies.

i purchased my accuquilt go off of ebay for 200.00 brand new

I ADORE the triangles. It is so easy to sew perfect ones. Ebay has it for $200 right now.

I Love my Go. Especially the strips, right now I'm attempting to make 2 rag quilts for Christmas and usine the 8 1/2" rag die. GOOD investment if you would rather sew than cut :)

I have one that I purchased on Amazon.com for 209.00.I have not used it yet maybe this weekend.Everyone I know that has one loves it.When I went to Joannes Fabric about a month ago I asked the cashier if I could use my coupon for the mats.She said absolutely well, guess what after I paid by check and found out I was charged full price the manager said oh no, read the coupon it states you cannot use it for anything with the accuquilt.Now, I had to wait 3 weeks she told me to get my money back.If you go on amazon and look up the cost of the mats and dies they are so much cheaper than Joannes.Good Luck and it is true they usually only carry one of the big items for sale.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Djohnson
    I bought o nee and did not use it. It wastes too much material and it is too hard to turn. I sold it for half price.
    If you have more then 1/2" total waste per die then how on earth were you using it? Covering the whole die with fabric? The turning is easy and smooth when at the proper height. Table top height is too high for easy turning.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast