Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Accuquilt Go vs Accuquilt Babuy >

Accuquilt Go vs Accuquilt Babuy

Accuquilt Go vs Accuquilt Babuy

Old 02-21-2014, 09:25 AM

Default Accuquilt Go vs Accuquilt Babuy

I am looking to purchase one of these. Not sure which is the better deal. Do any of you have one? Do you LOVE it/Like it? What are the pros/cons of the Accuquilt Go vs Accuquilt Baby.

I thought I would check with the PRO's before I made the purchase.

Any advice, input, suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 02-21-2014, 09:33 AM

I actually have all three - the Baby, the Go and the Studio, purchased in that order. I love the Studio that much, and have room to leave it out so it will actually get used.

Of the two you mention, the Baby is pretty limited since it can only use the narrowest dies, so I would base my decision on that - look at what dies you think you will use and go from there. If I could only have one or the other, I think I would choose the Go, just for that reason only. It's still plenty portable if necessary.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 02-21-2014 at 07:18 PM.
Old 02-21-2014, 09:40 AM

I agree. I have the Baby and the Go. looking at the dies you would use most often will decide which one you need.
I use both. Charm squares, 2.5. 3.5 blocks are for the Baby 6.0squares, multi 2.5 and larger strips are for the Go.
Old 02-21-2014, 10:39 AM
Power Poster

I have the Go and Go Baby and use them both. If I had to choose I'd pick the Go because all the Go dies will not fit the Baby. The Studio is the top of the line but not portable.
Old 02-21-2014, 10:44 AM

Can the Baby's dies be used in the Go and Studio? Isn't it the Baby can't use the dies that fit the Go or the Studio dies? And the Studio dies won't fit in the Baby or the Go. Do I have this right? If I do if it was me I would buy the biggest one the Go or if money allowed it and space wasn't a problem then the Studio.

Maybe I misunderstood, but thought I had read that the smaller dies work in the larger model of the Accuguilts.
Old 02-21-2014, 10:55 AM

Carlota - you are correct. A Baby can only use the Baby dies because it is too narrow to use others. A Go can use both Go and Baby dies. And a Studio can use dies from all of the lines. But the Studio needs an adaptor to use the smaller machine dies, since they aren't as tall. But the adaptor is inexpensive.
Old 02-21-2014, 11:46 AM

I have the Baby Go. I was only interested in the applique dies. I don't piece if I can help it so the blocks and strip dies didn't float my boat. The little I have used it I really like it but somehow I just never find the time. Perhaps if I had room to set it up so that I could whip up some appliques without having to unload a surface to set the machine up on I would use it more. I make a lot of Linus quilts so I thought I would use it a lot more. It just never seems to happen. I don't like having to fold the fabric carefully so that I can cut multiple layers. It does make it easy to create cute appliques to fuse on children's quilts etc.
Old 02-22-2014, 04:43 AM

I bought my GO about 8 months ago after thinking long and hard about it. Would it be worth the money, time to set up and the care it takes to cut correctly? I LOVE it! I didn't realize how inaccurately I had been cutting (blushing here!) and even though I don't use it every day or even every week, it has been worth every penny-JMHO. I'm a piecer vs. applique, so I have a lot of those shapes and can make lots of blocks with them. As with anything new, there is a learning curve. I bought Ebony Love's book and a few books of ideas specifically for using it. I ask for dies for birthdays and special occasions and hubby is happy to have ideas! I keep it near at hand so it isn't a big deal to lift it to the cutting table, open and go! lol! Also use it when finished a project to cut up scraps into usable sizes and some for a future tumbler project. It may not please everyone, but I'm really happy with mine.