Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: AccuQuilt Purchase A Good Investment?

I'm thinking about purchasing an AccuQuilt. Is this a good investment? I value your opinions highly. Thank you.
    Betty

Banned
    sign on to accuquilt yahoo group and read their comments.

Blog Entries
    I bought one and never got into it lol, i did a couple of dry runs with it but its on its way to MI. I just dont think i'll use it after paying for it, i got mine from ebay 125.00

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BettyGee
    I'm thinking about purchasing an AccuQuilt. Is this a good investment? I value your opinions highly. Thank you.
    Betty
    Absolutely!!! I love, love, love mine!!!!

It just depends what you want it for, just messing around or business. Its an excellent device, but you have to use it to pay for it value. Most quilters don't use it that much after buying it. You might start with a "Go" (I think that it is called that, and see if you need it.

Lots of luck,

Lanny

Blog Entries
    I think the Alto Quiltcut is a better investment. I use mine all the time and there are no expensive dies to buy. Do a search on this site and read about it

Blog Entries
    Depends on how handy you are with your rotary cutter & ruler. With me, the ruler slips, Need to cut on the other side of the ruler, etc. Still need to prepare the fabric, press, possibly starch but the cutting is perfect, so piecing is a breeze! Couldn't do without mine.

Quote Originally Posted by feffertim
    I think the Alto Quiltcut is a better investment. I use mine all the time and there are no expensive dies to buy. Do a search on this site and read about it
    I checked this out also and was very intrigued. Thanks for the info, I very much appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by PaperPrincess
    Depends on how handy you are with your rotary cutter & ruler. With me, the ruler slips, Need to cut on the other side of the ruler, etc. Still need to prepare the fabric, press, possibly starch but the cutting is perfect, so piecing is a breeze! Couldn't do without mine.
    Most days I'm okay, but then there are "super klutz" days. Like yesterday I started a new project, have all these rulers and templates; what did I end up using? A spring form cake pan. My back starts acting up when I cut for a long period of time so am thinking the AccuQuilt would help with that. Thanks for your input, I very much appreciate it.
    Betty

since I have received my accuquilt studio cutter I have more than 60 % more acutal quilting time. I just did a apple core quilt full size and it took me 7 minutes to gut it ou. It was amazing how fast it went, and not only that each quilt is so acurate and it went together great too.
    GO FOR IT.
    It is worth it.
    Robert

After seeing the demo, I was appalled at the fabric waste..I realize the scraps can be used in other projects, but my thrifty soul rebelled at the purchase!

Quote Originally Posted by okiepastor
    After seeing the demo, I was appalled at the fabric waste..I realize the scraps can be used in other projects, but my thrifty soul rebelled at the purchase!
    There is a lot of waste if you just plop the fabric on the die, but if you take a little time to lay it out and even but a piece of painters tape at the top of the actual die there is virtually no waste. And the time you save is amazing.

Blog Entries
    I think it depends on what you need it for, if you are just mainly cutting strips, squares, triangles and diamonds, the the quiltcut is wonderful, if you want to do more fancy shapes, then the Accucut is probably better, but you need dies for each of the shapes and they can be expensive.

Blog Entries
    The demos always waste fabric, the emphasis is on how the machine works not the fabric waste. Any one can see that is not the way to use it with expensive fabric at home. I really like my Go and would buy it again if it ever broke. It is a well made machine. Mine has been dropped from the top of the car to the pavement, a race who can turn it faster by two 10 year old boys, and I cut card stock to make quilting templates. I bought it to use and I use it. The strip and tumbler die is my favorite but I'm really liking the chisel die a lot.

I have the Alto Cut 2 and it's nice and very good quality. I use it a lot.

Mine just arrived in the mail...bought it during Nancy Notions St. Pat's day sale...it was on back order and when I got home from a 2 wk vacation there it was waiting for me...Can't wait to break open the box this wkend and give it a GO....

I have the Accuquilt Studio and love, love, love it!!!! Worth every penny. Not a lot of waste if you're a little cautious.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BettyGee
    Quote Originally Posted by feffertim
    I checked this out also and was very intrigued. Thanks for the info, I very much appreciate it.
    I have one of these too and I love it.
    Tammy

I love mine!

I have the studio. I just love it. Less cutting with your rotary blade.

I have the Accuquilt Go and I love it. I'm not to go at cutting strips they alway's bow in the middle. Now they are straight. I bought the tumbler die. It cut them perfect.

I have the Baby Go and I will admit I have bought it presents in the way of a lot of dies. While I have tried it out I have yet to use the items I produced. I make a lot of Linus Quilts and that is why I wanted it. I have yet to make a quilt with the items I cut. I would purchase another one in a minute.

If considering purchasing check out the Sizzix line. They can use the dies from Accuquilt, Sizzix, and any of the other machines that use the dies for cutting. There is a user group called pinsandneedles1 on Yahoo that consistently sells the machines, accuquilt equipment, and sizzix equipment at a 35% discount. Unfortunately I purchased my machine before I found them. Am now in the process of acquiring the dies that I want. I still have my Alto cutter for cutting straight line cuts but the old hands don't want to use scissors well any more
    so the Sizzix machine is a great way to cut lots of shapes that I would still like to use for applique quilting. Then there is the bonus of being able to use it for paper crafting also, which the grand children love to do. Sizzix also has an outlet on line that sells their retired dies at up to 90% off. Have been picking up Hello Kitty dies for my granddaughter there. Ann in TN

I have a different brand and find it most useful for consistent sizing.It is Sizzix, and a lot cheaper than some other brands.

I have the studio version. It's wonderful! I still have some dies in the plastic and this seems to worry my husband. I tell him I saving them for retirement when I will have more time.

I can't wait to get an Accuquilt, I want the regular not the Go. I have used the Alto at quilt shows and for me at least, I was able to move the ruler back and forth while trying to cut too easily. Hell, I can do that with my rulers at home! Cutting is one of my biggest problems.

Mary in PA

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast