Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Accuquilt vs. Rulers >

Accuquilt vs. Rulers

Accuquilt vs. Rulers

Old 01-24-2015, 01:36 PM

Default Accuquilt vs. Rulers

Hi -- I'm knew to the forum and have a question. I received an Accuquilt Go cutter for Christmas and a gift card to Joann Fabrics. I'm looking at taking a BOM class at a local quilt shop that uses the Hexi Ruler and Super Sidekick Ruler.... Does anyone know if there is a die for the Accuquilt that will cut the same shapes as these two rulers? The BOM class is for the Gravity by Jaybird Quilts. Thanks in advance!
Old 01-24-2015, 02:31 PM
Power Poster

HI, there are multiple hexagon dies, and triangle dies for the GO. The Super Sidekick ruler cuts a variety of shapes & sizes (diamonds & triangles) so unless you know exactly what shape & size you are cutting it's going to be hard to determine if there's a match. Same with matching the hexagonal ruler to a die. There are so many sizes of both rulers & dies. If you get the pattern in advance you might be able to check against the accucquilt site:
http://www.accuquilt.com/?gclid=CKyw...FcOGaQod_jAAjQ
Old 01-24-2015, 02:59 PM
Power Poster

There is a good chance the class at the local shop is going to expect you to use the tools they are featuring/ teaching. AFTER you take the class ( and learn it THEIR way) you would know what sizes you need and could invest in the dies for your machine for future projects
Old 01-24-2015, 05:34 PM
Power Poster

I agree that the class is geared toward the use of the two rulers. I wouldn't substitute without the instructor's permission. I've been to classes where some think they can do it the same with different tools and they can, but it always throws a kink in the class and causes annoyance.
Old 01-24-2015, 05:59 PM

The problem with accuquilt is you are limited to what they provide size wise so they may have a die that size, they may not. It is one of the main reasons I invested in a scanncut instead of more dies for my sizzix, you are not limited by size, and don't have to purchase a new die every time you want a new size
Old 01-24-2015, 06:51 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
I agree that the class is geared toward the use of the two rulers. I wouldn't substitute without the instructor's permission. I've been to classes where some think they can do it the same with different tools and they can, but it always throws a kink in the class and causes annoyance.
I totally agree!
Old 01-25-2015, 03:27 PM

Thanks everyone... I'll use the rulers they suggest!