Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Accuquilt Worth IT?

Now that the Accuquilt has been around for a while, do you still think it's worth the expense. Is it holding up? What problems are you having with it?

A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....
    Blog Entries
    I love mine.. Had it over a year.. The only 2 Issues I have is the cutting mats don't hold up too well if you do and extensive amount of cutting so i now keep extra on hand an often re-use the 'bigger' mats for the next size smaller dies..
    Second, wastes more fabric than rotary cutting, but if you want the precision cutting this is great, Its so well worth it in my book..

Other than that I love it..

I don't own one but can use one at our school. I enjoy the cutting of the fabric as much as the sewing so I don't fill it is worth the price. I'm sure Someone that doesn't like to cut out the fabric would disagree, because it does work well.

I own the Studio and love it. I've been cutting out rag quilts and others like mad as my sewing machine is in the shop. I bought mine used, though it was still an investment. To me, it's worth the dedicated space and $! I'd buy it again in a heartbeat.

I love mine. Would invest in it again.
    Pam

Quote Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt
    I love mine.. Had it over a year.. The only 2 Issues I have is the cutting mats don't hold up too well if you do and extensive amount of cutting so i now keep extra on hand an often re-use the 'bigger' mats for the next size smaller dies..
    Second, wastes more fabric than rotary cutting, but if you want the precision cutting this is great, Its so well worth it in my book..

Other than that I love it..
    I buy old cutting mats at garage sales and cut them to size and use that, it works fine. Also I take my scraps into our local art teacher, she just grins from ear to ear when I come thru the door!!

Blog Entries
    I keep hearing about how much waste there is, but how much is that? An inch around each piece? Two inches?

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE mine! As for the waste, I really don't feel it wastes as much as I do when cutting with a ruler and rotary cutter!!!!

Interesting thread. I think I will have to see a demonstration of it first.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by amma
    I keep hearing about how much waste there is, but how much is that? An inch around each piece? Two inches?
    I just got one, and read on old threads to rough cut before using it for accurate cuts. That seems to work well, and I only have 1/8 - 1/4 inch of waste per cut. Cut = 4 layers as the unit starts getting harder to crank with more than 4 layers

I have been cutting leaves for the Rose of Sharon table runner with mine. I can cut 6-7 layers of fabric with the fusible backing and paper ironed on the fabric. Goes through with no problems--this project takes 68 leaves, so cutting 6 or so at a time makes it really time savings. I love mine!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DebsShelties
    Quote Originally Posted by amma
    I just got one, and read on old threads to rough cut before using it for accurate cuts. That seems to work well, and I only have 1/8 - 1/4 inch of waste per cut. Cut = 4 layers as the unit starts getting harder to crank with more than 4 layers
    Thank you for the answer :D:D:D