Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Added to my stash >

Added to my stash

Added to my stash

Old 12-11-2010, 09:19 AM

No, but I know the Old Push, Shove and Grab. Then run away as fast as you can.
Old 12-11-2010, 09:32 AM

years ago, was thru there, ran into the bigtgest hail storm of my life. :lol: You also used to have or maybe you still do have a cute little zoo.
Old 12-11-2010, 09:32 AM

I lived in Garden City from October of 1985 to April of 2000 and then again from September of 2005 to July of 2008. The last time I was in that Walmart they were in the middle of a remodel. I figured they'd lose their fabric department.

For good quality, inexpesive fabric in Garden City go to "Knot Sew Perfect Quilts." It's between Walmart and the bypass on Mary St. She's not like most quilt shops but she has older fabrics at a really reasonable price. Most of her fabric was $3 or $4 a yard.
Old 12-12-2010, 08:21 AM

It'll be a while before we get to go again mostly due to the weather, but will put it on my list of places to stop. I can save some more money to take with me. Thanks for the tip.
Old 12-12-2010, 08:24 AM
Power Poster

great deal!
Old 12-13-2010, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by katyquilter
You're luck to have your Walmart still carry bolt fabrics. The WMs in our area only have 2 yd pieces, jelly rolls, etc. Wish they would bring back a nice fabric dept.
You're lucky. My Walmart did away with their fabric department about 2 years ago. The only thing they have in their craft department now is scrapbooking stuff and cake making things. So I went to another Walmart about 45 minutes away, and shortly after that, they did away with their fabric department.

My LQS is wonderful, but they don't carry a lot of the fabric I want and they don't have many 'goodies' (patterns, books, notions, etc.) so I don't go there often. I go to Joanne's when I really need something. I guess I do a lot of my fabric buying online.
Old 12-13-2010, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by JuneD
Originally Posted by katyquilter
You're luck to have your Walmart still carry bolt fabrics. The WMs in our area only have 2 yd pieces, jelly rolls, etc. Wish they would bring back a nice fabric dept.
You're lucky. My Walmart did away with their fabric department about 2 years ago. The only thing they have in their craft department now is scrapbooking stuff and cake making things. So I went to another Walmart about 45 minutes away, and shortly after that, they did away with their fabric department.

My LQS is wonderful, but they don't carry a lot of the fabric I want and they don't have many 'goodies' (patterns, books, notions, etc.) so I don't go there often. I go to Joanne's when I really need something. I guess I do a lot of my fabric buying online.
The reason that particular Walmart still has fabric is there's not a single Jo-Ann's in southwestern Kansas. There's one Hobby Lobby but it's in Dodge City.