Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: After Christmas Fabric Sales?

Senior Member MomtoBostonTerriers's Avatar
    In previous years, I have not looked for fabric or quilting supplies at after-Christmas sales, so I have no idea if there is such a thing. Is there? Which stores will have fabric and other goodies for us quilters on sale come 26 December?

Blog Entries
    Many online shops will be having sales. Try www.quiltshops.com -- there are over 225 shops connected to this site - type in the word sale in the search area.

I do try to frequent the LQS in my area; however, haven't been able to drive for quite some time due to surgeries, so have appreciated online shopping!

I'm on a Fabric Diet starting the first of the year. Need to use up some of my stash. I'll only buy fabric if it is needed for a special project. Of course I always need something to "go with" what's in my stash.

Pat

Pat i need to do the same thing,but its really hard when you go in a see such neat fabric lines.My old fabric from the late 90's isn't even in the same class.

I have been receiving notices from my LQS that they will be having a sale. Look up any near you online and see if they have a sale....or call. JoAnns always has a sale on something.

Blog Entries
    My LQS has after Christmas sale. . . . 40% off bolt fabric :)

Quote Originally Posted by prairiequeen
    Pat i need to do the same thing,but its really hard when you go in a see such neat fabric lines.My old fabric from the late 90's isn't even in the same class.
    Alot of my fabric is the same as yours. I do have some new stuff, but all the new stuff is so tempting. I buy a little but need to use up the old. I will say that you can still make beautiful quilts with the older fabric and most non quilters don't know the difference. :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    Check the links and main sections here on the board, many get listed here :D:D:D

There's also Fabric.com which is offering discounts based on the amount you spend, starting Sunday.

Thousands of Bolts already started their sale ( very worth while to check out ) and so did both of the Eleanor Burns quilt in a day sites. Got a huge box from Thousands of Bolts , delievered today Merry Christmas to ME!

I will be driving home from SOuth Carolina in the morning and I will stop at a Joann's in Meridian MS.

Fab Shop Hop has set up an blow out sale with several of the quilt stores that advertise on their site.

There are definitely sales on fabric after Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Lori S
    Thousands of Bolts already started their sale ( very worth while to check out ) and so did both of the Eleanor Burns quilt in a day sites. Got a huge box from Thousands of Bolts , delievered today Merry Christmas to ME!
    What do you mean by "both" Eleanor Burns site .. I only knew about one! Also, I rec'd an email from Connecting Threads and they are having to go up on the price of material. Everything is going up!!

Oh, even Connecting Threads. RATS!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by reginalovesfabric
    I will be driving home from SOuth Carolina in the morning and I will stop at a Joann's in Meridian MS.
    Please drive safely. There are a lot of maniac drivers out there, which I'm sure you know. Marge

Try stores.ebay.com/chantellelacedesigns. I found some beautiful fabrics the other day and she runs sales with some great bargains. Also shipping is done with care in packing.

Therein lies the rub, eh? To stash or not to stash. When we stash we can end up with fabric that we fell in love with at the moment and had to have but don't use. I'm new to quilting and have a small stash but I don't think I will add to it. After reading what many of you have to say about stashes, I think I'll stop buying for a while. I already have more than I will use in a year (I don't make as many projects as some of you) and I don't want what I have to "old", either emotionally or in reality. Once in a while I go through the stash as see a fabric and I have to ask "Now, Lori, why did you absolutely have to have this fabric?" It's okay but I don't get the "rush" I did when I first saw and bought it. Boy, the psychology of stashing is deep and I'm pretty sure, for me anyway, there's more to it than having fabric. If any of you watch "Hoaders" or "Hoarders: Buried Alive" you know what I mean when I say I don't want to become an fabric hoarder!

Blog Entries
    e-quilter.com, joann's

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda_GA
    Quote Originally Posted by Lori S
    What do you mean by "both" Eleanor Burns site .. I only knew about one! Also, I rec'd an email from Connecting Threads and they are having to go up on the price of material. Everything is going up!!
    One is Quilt in a day the other is Eleanor Burns.com (I think) I will try to post the links for you. One is in California the other is in Paducka Kentucky( this is the newest site). Both sites look almost the same , but often one has more or less stock than the other . So if you can find it on one check the other. Unfortunaley they do not have the inventories linked so you can check one sites inventory while on the other.

Blog Entries
    I just bought 120.00 worth of fabric from fabric shake and got 25% off. I bought enough to finish 4 quilts.

JoAnns usually marks the material down closer to the holidays and may have good discounts after the holidays.

Quote Originally Posted by pattypurple
    I'm on a Fabric Diet starting the first of the year. Need to use up some of my stash. I'll only buy fabric if it is needed for a special project. Of course I always need something to "go with" what's in my stash.

Pat
    Pat,
    That is a wonderful idea. I'm going with you.
    As far as the after CHRISTmas sales, I wouldn't go anywhere close to any shopping. Shop until one drops, doesn't take very long for me anymore.

Hancocks e-mailed me about their 60% off sale starting tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by llong0233
    Therein lies the rub, eh? To stash or not to stash. When we stash we can end up with fabric that we fell in love with at the moment and had to have but don't use. I'm new to quilting and have a small stash but I don't think I will add to it. After reading what many of you have to say about stashes, I think I'll stop buying for a while. I already have more than I will use in a year (I don't make as many projects as some of you) and I don't want what I have to "old", either emotionally or in reality. Once in a while I go through the stash as see a fabric and I have to ask "Now, Lori, why did you absolutely have to have this fabric?" It's okay but I don't get the "rush" I did when I first saw and bought it. Boy, the psychology of stashing is deep and I'm pretty sure, for me anyway, there's more to it than having fabric. If any of you watch "Hoaders" or "Hoarders: Buried Alive" you know what I mean when I say I don't want to become an fabric hoarder!
    I have returned to quilting after a thirty year absence and am building my stash. With the gift of a terrific five shelf unit from my DH on Friday it is all organized and I look at it and see projects. Made some wonderful buys on ebay and some were just because the fabric "called" to me. It will all get used, some not for quilts but for apparel or ornaments, etc. I don't consider myself a hoarder, a pack rat very probably; but as I get older I am trying to clean up what I just had to save so that my son doesn't have to wonder why Mom saved this or that.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast