Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Aileen's quick dry fabric fusion >

Aileen's quick dry fabric fusion

Aileen's quick dry fabric fusion

Old 09-18-2014, 07:16 AM

Default Aileen's quick dry fabric fusion

Has anyone used the new Aileen's quick dry fabric fusion? If so, what do you think of it and what do you use it for?
Old 09-18-2014, 02:08 PM

I bought the old one hated it. Fabri-tac is my go to I even made drapes with it and hem pants
Old 09-18-2014, 03:31 PM

I tried to use it to tack 1/4" rick-rack to my quilt while I sewed it down, but it didn't hold. Just made a colossal mess. I have used it to temporarily hem pants & also to make fabric covered boxes. I would say, in my experience, it works best when bonding fabric with something other than fabric (e.g., if you want to frame a piece of fabric, you could use Fabric Fusion to adhere fabric to cardboard; covered boxes; fabric-covered Christmas ornaments).

I've found that it tends to be slightly visible through the fabric when you use it to glue fabric-to-fabric, makes a mess & doesn't give smooth results unless you use an offset spatula to smear it across the fabric evenly like frosting a cake.

If you want something permanent for fusing fabric to fabric, I suggest WonderUnder. The only time I'd use Fabric Fusion for fabric-to-fabric application anymore would be for a heavy weight pant hem (like jeans) where some of the double-sided fabric tapes aren't secure enough.