Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
All in a day's work >

All in a day's work

All in a day's work

Old 06-17-2012, 07:47 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by DogHouseMom View Post
She HATES pink ... as do I. A product of our similar child hoods. Both of us suffered from chronic tonsilitis and the medicine was pink and foul tasting (think pepto). To this day we cannot stomach the color pink. Her FB icon is a picture of a woman saying "I understand the cancer part Doctor but you have to understand I HATE pink!". So yeah, staying away from the pink ribbon logo was easy.

I chose blue/white/yellow because she's a BIG Dodgers fan and I've always thought it the most cheerful color combination in the world.
Absolutely perfect on all counts!!!!
And love how you have transitioned the Dodgers colours to something totally feminine in a classic print!

Her wit is incredible and I hope she can keep it throughout her "fight".
Old 06-17-2012, 08:02 AM

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho

You are so nice to make that quilt for your friend. I like what you are going to do with the applique. It will make the quilt funny and if she takes it to chemo, it will be what everyone talks about!
Old 06-17-2012, 08:10 AM

She is going to love this quilt. I love her attitude. She sure sounds like a survivor to me.
Old 06-17-2012, 07:26 PM

Finished sewing two strip lengths today. yikes that first one was soooooo long!!

I had made mine slightly larger than a standard jelly roll (those are 40 strips, mine is 68). I did some basic math after measuring the first strip length (2,310") and my quilt *should* come out to roughly 6' by 4' which is exactly what I wanted. I wanted enough to tuck under her feet, come up to her chin, and of course enough to cover her side-to-side (she's a lean 5' 3" tall).

so far I'm liking the way the strips are coming together, but hating the tediousness of the process!!