Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
all white quilt >

all white quilt

all white quilt

Old 08-21-2012, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by judykay View Post
My niece requested an all white lap quilt for her wedding gift. Any ideas, I do not want to do a whole cloth as I did that for my daughter and it was a one and only as it was special just for her.

Open for all thoughts.

Judy does she want the back all white or just the front? I know you said she wanted an all white quilt, but the reason I'm asking if she would be o.k. with using some color on the back you could make a reversible quilt, or you could with all white also. I would think that you would need to have a lot of white on white, if you can find enough where you live. But a reversible quilt could be made without mimicing your daughters quilt. Perhaps that is where she came up with her choice for an all white, most likely wanting a whole quilt.
Old 08-25-2012, 02:07 AM

I made a throw for my niece last year, and used her monogram. I would do it again for a wedding quilt using a couple's monogram. http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...70-301591.jpeg The monogram is hand embroidered and the quilting is hand quilted. You could make the monogram any color (even white!)
I used a black backing, and I wouldn't make that mistake again!!