Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Am I the only one getting nothing done? >

Am I the only one getting nothing done?

Am I the only one getting nothing done?

Old 02-07-2012, 04:37 PM
Power Poster

Have been working some but not as much as my mind is telling me to!!!
Old 02-07-2012, 04:51 PM

Just relax quilting isn't going anywhere, it will be there anytime for you no pressure. I find if I don't force sewing on myself I enjoy it more than if I have to do it
Old 02-07-2012, 04:58 PM

Oh heck, take a break. If I knew I was going to retire in March, I wouldn't be starting on any new projects or trying to finish up old ones either. I'd be dreaming of that first day when I could turn off the alarm and go back to sleep! The only projects I've worked on since Christmas have been requests for odds and ends from coworkers, which I have been happy to whip up. Other than that, I'm in your boat holding the paddle that says "not in the mood".
Old 02-07-2012, 05:31 PM

I have been in a slump for a good while too. I know that I want to starting sewing again because I would not be on here and looking for new patterns to make. As we quilters know, you have to be motivated to sew and pushing it never works. I'm sure you will be sewing real soon.
Old 02-07-2012, 07:02 PM

I'm with you. I haven't accomplished anything since the holidays. My daughter's friend "forced" some monogramming on me to do this week. It will only take a few minutes, but I can't get started. I told her that I don't do work outside the family but she sent the shirts by my daughter anyway.
Old 02-07-2012, 07:39 PM

I retired last April. I was a bit lost at 1st. Now I am so busy sewing, camping, traveling, ballgames & just doing nothing.Life is busier then ever before. I LOVE IT!!!!! Take a break, there is a lot of stress with retiring.
Stress as: Will there be enough money? Will I get bored? Will I get Lazy? Will I have enough structure? Sure all these things as going thru your mind. Take each day as is comes and remember today is the first day of the rest of your life!!!
Old 02-07-2012, 07:40 PM

I, too, always seem to be in a slump at the beginning of the year. I think it is because I am worn out after a day of dealing with kdg kids (or their parents) and it is just so easy to come home and sit in my recliner all evening! I always have such good intentions of all the projects I will do but I just don't seem to get to them. I do better when the days get longer.
Old 02-07-2012, 07:58 PM

But folks you have inspired me so much on here. I needed inspiration being away from home and hubby. Daddy had a rough day today. His lift chair died in mid air or as he said on it's toes. hehe He had a hard time getting in and out of a regular chair even with loads of cushions. So I brought the stuff into the living room with him to cut out new blocks and try to perk him up. Praise God my brother came by and found bits and pieces and made a new switch. Dad was pleased. I was pleased and could move out to the closed in porch and let him take a much deserved nap. I was able to finish the borders on my first sampler quilt. So thanks for your encouragement even when you are just on the QB.
Teresa
Old 02-07-2012, 11:29 PM

You are too hard on yourself! So what if you need a break? It's entirely normal to need a break from anything you do all the time, even if it's something you love to do! It's called "recharging". Don't force it. Relax, enjoy a good book or movie in the meantime, and you'll thoroughly enjoy yourself when the "mood" returns!
Old 02-08-2012, 12:51 AM

Gosh, I think I would just take a break and work out getting ready to retire, and let things settle and I bet after retirement you will be really ready to start in again. As for that quilt with the crappy pattern, see if you can't redo the pattern or redo the quilt to another pattern you would like doing better and forget the crappy one. Take some stress off.