Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Amazing People

I always look forward to getting the Quilting Board and reading everyone's ideas, successes, and problems. It is so amazing what I learn from this forum. I am also amazed at how much people will go out of their way to help someone. I asked a question recently and received some really good information. In reading today's messages someone asked about a foot for their machine and received all kinds of responses. The people who make quilts must be the nicest, most loving, and generous people there are in the world. It is too bad the rest of the world isn't the same way. Thank you so much for this forum. I totally enjoy it. Wish I had found it when I was just beginning. I would have done so much better.

I agree with everything you said! I just read the thread about the "foot problem" too and was overwhelmed with the helpful responses. Wonderful folks here!

Blog Entries
    It is a world away from home, I like to indulge in frequently!

I totally agree. It's one place where I always feel welcome and learn so much. Great people here.

Senior Member Blue's quilting mama's Avatar
    If this was facebook, I would click "LIKE"....totally agree with your sentiments!

Blog Entries
    I agree. Ppl here r great!!!

Formerly NY, IL, AL, TN, HI, FL, AL, MD and Germany. Now living in TN again. Moving to Arkansas
    And Amen!

"LIKE"

I so agree! Awhile back I posted a "Want To Buy" for some hard to find fabric. One very kind member sent me her leftovers from the same quilt I want to make, and they were NOT tiny scraps :)

All she asked in return was some 30s small scraps for her mother. I was so humbled at her kindness and generosity, and vowed to help someone in the future if I possibly can. I love how this board PIFs!

Like you I have learned so much from this Board. I have tried patterns that were recommended, techniques that helped my work, and been uplifted by the encouraging words shared here. I guess quilters are the same all over the world!

This board is great! From the pictures to the fabric for sale, it is my go to place when I need a break. Only problem is can a break last 3 hours?

I don't think quilters have it in them to be mean. How can we? We make things and give them away to people we don't know (charity quilts) or to loved ones or sometimes we sell them to people that would bring them hope and comfort.

And every time I get frustrated with something, I come on here and relax for a bit and then go back to my quilt. I love seeing everybody's creations, they give me new ideas and helpful tips for beginners. Thank you to all you amazing board members!!

I love this board too.

This is my daily addiction of feel good vibes, sharing, caring and love is shared regardless of your gender or level of crafting - I wouldn't trade this for anything - not even chocolate! Well maybe just a tiny piece for me?

I recently commented on someones avatar quilt picture, asking where I could get the pattern-and she sent me the magazine with the pattern in it! She had kept the magazine from 2003 and was happy to part with it for someone excited about the pattern!! I'm with you gals-I love coming here every day (4-5 times a day)!! It feels so good!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LORNAD
    I always look forward to getting the Quilting Board and reading everyone's ideas, successes, and problems. It is so amazing what I learn from this forum. I am also amazed at how much people will go out of their way to help someone. I asked a question recently and received some really good information. In reading today's messages someone asked about a foot for their machine and received all kinds of responses. The people who make quilts must be the nicest, most loving, and generous people there are in the world. It is too bad the rest of the world isn't the same way. Thank you so much for this forum. I totally enjoy it. Wish I had found it when I was just beginning. I would have done so much better.
    MY OTHER FAMILY IS HERE

I agree! This is a great place to learn, and mingle with generous, caring, charitable people.

Banned
    Liberty Hill - Central TEXAS Hill Country
    Quote Originally Posted by everbtrue
    This board is great! From the pictures to the fabric for sale, it is my go to place when I need a break. Only problem is can a break last 3 hours?
    LOL Beverly - I find it creates the same 'problem' w/me as far as the 'break' time.

But I agree w/all - this is a wonderful caring, sharing place to come & it's too bad some of the "angry" people out there in the world don't find our comfy corner to put a smile on their faces.

The world would SURE be a nicer place is everyone had the heart of a quilter/crafter. :lol:

I've been here less than a month and I am totally hooked on this place. I've posted on other sewing/embroidery/crafty forums that don't have this kind of amazing community. It's no wonder people come and then stay!

Yes, I agree!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blog Entries
    I love this board also. Have met so many nice, helpful people here. It is getting to point that I spend more time here than I do at my sewing machine!! :-D :-D

No truer words are spoken. It is amazing how you can ask for help with anything. Including those things that aren't even a quilt question . I think of quilters like the farmers. They just have that special gift of sharing. I am so thankful for this site. Although I think of how many quilts I could be quilting when I am on this site. LOL Maybe I need a faster internet connection. Love to all and Prayers sent up

It is a small world, and we create even a smaller world in this forum. Sharing ideas, a pat on the back or even a shoulder to cry on really helps. This is where we can achieve it.

DITTO!!!!!!!!!!!!

LIKE!!!!!

I am on several message boards but this is my first go to. There are many mornings I am on here reading and waiting for my coffee to get done....

As someone just said "I wish I had found this site when I first started". I have changed the way I do some things, for the better. So many great people on here willing to give help, ideas. I don't think I have never read anything that was derogatory (sp) in any way.

And I love looking at all the pictures. If there is anything negative about this site it would be "you make my to do list get longer" :lol: Soooo many beautiful quilts.

Love ya'll (((HUGS))))

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast