Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Amy Butler: La Boheme Quilted Tote Disasterous instructions >

Amy Butler: La Boheme Quilted Tote Disasterous instructions

Amy Butler: La Boheme Quilted Tote Disasterous instructions

Old 11-22-2014, 09:00 AM

Default Amy Butler: La Boheme Quilted Tote Disasterous instructions

This is a lovely pattern, however I am having serious problems following her instructions. So I went to my LQS. The girl said, so what are you are working on now....I said you won't believe the difficulty I am having with a simple fancy tote...or at least I thought it would be simple...I have been sewing and quilting for 40 years. She interrupted my frustrating tale by saying, I BET IT IS AN AMY BUTLER PATTERN, right? Oh, thank God, it is not me after all. Has anyone had any problems with her patterns? The LQS shop cancelled subsequent classes on one of AB little girl dresses because of the horrible pattern instructions. I will continue to purchase her fabric, but never a pattern again. Makes you wonder who is writing her patterns.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 11-22-2014 at 09:23 AM. Reason: remove venting/tirade
Old 11-22-2014, 09:06 AM

Just looked at a link for it, it sure looks gorgeous.... hope you can figure it out ... I would probably just chuck it in a corner! Good luck! http://www.amybutlerdesign.com/produ...play.php?id=60

Interesting quote from her site: "my patterns are super easy to follow and known for their friendly instructions."

Last edited by thimblebug6000; 11-22-2014 at 09:08 AM.
Old 11-22-2014, 09:19 AM

I've got two of her bag patterns the large weekender bag and another that is smaller. I've looked at the pattern for the weekender and OMG not only is it complicated it calls for so much stuff and if u use her fabric it will come out costing "well over" £100 English pounds to make! It's not going to happen anytime soon.
Old 11-22-2014, 09:27 AM

I was very intimidated by the Amy Butler patterns - however, I finally made two of her bags - I did just fine and I haven't been sewing for long - I am completely self-taught. I would send an email to her company and see if you can get clarification or even somebody on here may help. Sometimes I just have to walk away from a project and take a few days - then try it again. I hope you figure it out.
Old 11-22-2014, 09:35 AM

I just read another blog where the person was struggling with the instructions - she finally emailed the company and they helped her with her project - here is a link http://andreacreates.blogspot.com/20...heme-tote.html
Old 11-22-2014, 10:08 AM

I had difficulty with a tote's directions by another designer and just emailed her. Within a day or so, I was back on course with her written details explaining the part where I was stuck.
Old 11-30-2014, 03:58 PM
Power Poster

I almost bought that pattern!
peace