Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Angelina Fibers >

Angelina Fibers

Angelina Fibers

Old 10-18-2010, 08:06 AM

I'm starting a project that uses Angelina Fibers, and I haven't used them before. I've watched a couple of tutorials, but I wondered if any of you have any tips about using them. Also, I don't want to buy a pressing cover. Have you used parchment paper with these, and did it work okay? I'm just trying to learn from your mistakes so I don't have to make them myself. And your successes would be welcome too!
Old 10-18-2010, 11:24 AM

yes, you can use the non-stick parchment paper. Use very short spurts of heat...it is very sensitive and if you overheat it it loses the shine. Set the iron on and quickly take it off then check to see if it's the way you want it..if not, again touch it quickly with an iron...if the heat is right, some folks will count to three...but who knows what the right head is!

Ref parchment...there is some that is smooth and non-stick and other that is slightly textured and non-stick. If you use the texured type, you'll get some texture in your angelina...which is not a problem, you just need to decide what you want.
Old 10-18-2010, 05:01 PM

Thanks, that helps.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:52 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ktbb
yes, you can use the non-stick parchment paper. Use very short spurts of heat...it is very sensitive and if you overheat it it loses the shine. Set the iron on and quickly take it off then check to see if it's the way you want it..if not, again touch it quickly with an iron...if the heat is right, some folks will count to three...but who knows what the right head is!

Ref parchment...there is some that is smooth and non-stick and other that is slightly textured and non-stick. If you use the texured type, you'll get some texture in your angelina...which is not a problem, you just need to decide what you want.
Thank you for this tip on parchment paper, I didn't know that some was textured :D:D:D