Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Another Bow Tuck question >

Another Bow Tuck question

Another Bow Tuck question

Old 10-14-2010, 09:10 AM

I just received my Bow Tuck pattern but had a question on fabric. Have any of you used home dec fabric on your bags? And if so, do you still use the fusable batting or do you use a lighter weight material, like a fusable interfacing?? It just seems like the bag would be too stiff or thick using home dec fabric with the fusable batting both on the outside and inside. Any help on this would be appreciated!
Old 10-14-2010, 09:12 AM
np3
Power Poster

It is a personal choice. I prefer the bag to be stiff so it holds its shape. Others like it to be softer. I have used decorator fabric but I still use the fusible batting.
Old 10-14-2010, 10:28 AM

I made one with the heavier fabric and used the iron-on pelon fleece. It came out nice, the heavier fabric added a little bit of extra stiffness. I'll be watching for pretty upholstry fabrics in the thrift stores. :thumbup:
Old 10-14-2010, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by np3
It is a personal choice. I prefer the bag to be stiff so it holds its shape. Others like it to be softer. I have used decorator fabric but I still use the fusible batting.
Ditto
Old 10-14-2010, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by KarenS
I just received my Bow Tuck pattern but had a question on fabric. Have any of you used home dec fabric on your bags? And if so, do you still use the fusable batting or do you use a lighter weight material, like a fusable interfacing?? It just seems like the bag would be too stiff or thick using home dec fabric with the fusable batting both on the outside and inside. Any help on this would be appreciated!
I have used home dec fabric and still used the fusible fleece. It has made a slightly thicker piece to sew through but I like the result
Old 10-14-2010, 07:10 PM
Power Poster

I think I would still use the fusible fleece. But you can try it without and let us know how it works. It might be fine.