Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Another Craftsy Question >

Another Craftsy Question

Another Craftsy Question

Old 01-05-2021, 06:24 PM

I was a Craftsy member way back when, then also Blueprint. I had only purchased classes that interested me and also some of their Free classes...I have all my paid classes available. Now the New Craftsy ..I purchased a class for 55% off and then received off to purchase a year Premium membership. I am getting offers to purchase Gold membership...there are some speciality classes that are considered Gold...I am not interested in upgrading at this time. I am happy with what I have and since have purchases a few classes That are mine even if I do not renew my membership in 2021. I am enjoying watch classes that I would not consider making the project but fun to watch and find interesting tips.

probably more info than you asked for.
Old 01-05-2021, 06:41 PM

I am getting pretty tired of the weird pricing schemes they keep coming up with. Just offer a decent product for a decent price, stop messing around with your pricing structure, and people will flock to your products. It's not hard. The more stories like this I hear, the less inclined I am to even go look.
Old 01-05-2021, 06:55 PM

Craftsy used to have the best kits and supplies at the best prices - might be why they couldn't make it. I didn't look to see if they were selling fabric and stuff again. I'll have to take a look.
Old 01-05-2021, 09:12 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
I am getting pretty tired of the weird pricing schemes they keep coming up with. Just offer a decent product for a decent price, stop messing around with your pricing structure, and people will flock to your products. It's not hard. The more stories like this I hear, the less inclined I am to even go look.
I hear you! I'm a "platinum" member as of today, whatever that means. I miss the old Craftsy and yes, deborah, they had great sales on supplies.
Old 01-05-2021, 11:58 PM

Susie - re the quilting videos you can't watch - is this most of the 200? or only the, for example, more advanced classes?

I'm still kinda considering joining, and I know that $5 isn't the earth, but I'm a bit wary of it being 'bait and switch' since that is the impression I'm getting of 'new' Craftsy (I never experienced the 'old' version, or Bluprint)

But if there are a decent amount of medium level quilting classes I still might join.
Old 01-06-2021, 03:34 AM

I also joined at the $5 special but will stick to that for now. I think Gold allows you to purchase Forever classes at a Gold member discount but I don’t have time to watch all of the stuff I already have access to.
Old 01-06-2021, 04:42 AM

I joined for the $5.00 that was on FB. I went to my account and it showed I had one item in my cart. I opened the cart and it was a bill for Craftsy Gold. Of course I'm not buying that. I went looking around the site and clicked on the Quilt tab. The only thing I was able to watch was the introductions. If I want to watch the entire class the prices were $9.99 and up. I'm not sure what I get for $5.00. I'll be doing some more research today and will figure out how to cancel this $5.00 membership, so far it's just been a big headache.
Old 01-06-2021, 06:06 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by rjwilder View Post
I joined for the $5.00 that was on FB. I went to my account and it showed I had one item in my cart. I opened the cart and it was a bill for Craftsy Gold. Of course I'm not buying that. I went looking around the site and clicked on the Quilt tab. The only thing I was able to watch was the introductions. If I want to watch the entire class the prices were $9.99 and up. I'm not sure what I get for $5.00. I'll be doing some more research today and will figure out how to cancel this $5.00 membership, so far it's just been a big headache.
That's exactly what I'm going to do today. Panchita- I'll let you know.
I have about 20 classes I bought over the years when it was Craftsy (many were actually free) But I'm finding so far there are a lot I can't watch. Only the intros.

Thanks to all for your input.
Old 01-06-2021, 07:07 AM

Red face

I've been a Crafty's and then BluPrint member for 10 or so years. Loved it until now. Mainly for their fabric, yarn and kits, which they no longer offer. The classes are very good but I live in an area where the internet is not good and so am not able to be online and watch the video's - they used to offer them on DVD and I have purchased several and refer to them often. Would join back in a minute if they would offer the fabric, yarn, thread, and kits like they used to. Good quality and good price, was hoping someone else would take on those products and they were very good.
Old 01-06-2021, 03:40 PM

It seems Craftsy used to be a good, useful site. Once it was bought by a different company it changed and started going down hill. Now with this next change, it seems to have gotten even worse with all of the pricing tricks and no added value that I can see. I don't quite see why we all keep trying so hard to hang onto them. I think they have shown that they are not what they used to believe them. No thanks.