Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Another dumb mistake!

Quote Originally Posted by katesnanna View Post
    Not a dumb mistake but a learning experience.

I was thinking the same thing! Who would have thought? How would you have known?

Blog Entries
    Package says to use one layer of Insulbrite and one layer of cotton like warm and natural. Did you use two or one layer of Insulbrite?

Quote Originally Posted by Sewbeeit2 View Post
    Package says to use one layer of Insulbrite and one layer of cotton like warm and natural. Did you use two or one layer of Insulbrite?
    I used one layer of Insul-Bright, and nothing else. Must have been missing my head at the moment. I think a layer of flannel would be good to add and I have to get some neutral to keep on hand for this (for using the rest of the yard of Insul-Bright). It didn't occur to me to log on and look for instructions before making this table protector. Live and learn, I hope.

Blog Entries
    I didn't like when stitching through the Insul-brite that tiny silver particles would get into my machine!! no more for me.

Blog Entries
    Thanks so much for the information.
    SHIRLEY

I have been using insulbright in table runners for several years, wouldn't use anything else. I quilt it without a problem. It does dull your rotary cutting blade fast though and I also need to replace my needle more often as it gets dull faster too. I like that it has no stretch to it, the table runners keep their shape better than with batting. It washes well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2