Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Another question about your style.

I do both. I seem to always find something new that I want to try. If I like the way it turned out and it was fun to make, I'll keep making that pattern until I am just sick of it. But then I might come back to it later. When I first found the Warm Wishes pattern, I made 4 quilts with it. Then it was time to move on to something new. I still come back to that pattern occasionally because I just love the way it showcases the focus fabric (great for novelty prints that I use a lot).

key4unc, great avatar!
    could you give a web site or the designer for Warm Wishes pattern? thanks. :D

Thanks. That pic was taken at the OR aquarium when I was on vacation last year.

Here's a link to the WW pattern: [code]http://www.quiltmaker.com/patterns/patt83[url] Be sure to click on "color options" to see a couple more ways to use the block. Here's one I made (don't look at the mistakes :lol: )

Guess I haven't quite figured out out to make a url link--sorry :roll:
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have a few that I have made several of--especially when I need one fast. Other than that, I love trying new things, including variations of some I have done. I have had a few that I couldn't wait to get it done and gone! I have a very long lists of "someday" which includes bargello and a watercolor landscape.

key4unc -- thanks for the link- I really like your quilt.

Blog Entries
    There are a few patterns I have done several times but I try to do things that I think the person I am making it for would like and sometimes it isn't my favorite pattern. And once in a while I see something I really want to try and make it and just wait for the right person to give it to.
    Right now I'm working on
    1.a single Irish Chain for my queen size bed. I've done double and triple before but I saw a single posted here a while back and decided that was what I'd like on my bed.
    2.a paper pieced throw for a friend, a pattern of their choice not mine, not as much fun.
    3. a grandma's flower garden I like to piece in the car when we travel.
    4. I'm buying FQ for a throw for my granddaughters bed and going to use a pattern I saw on line.

Just have fun with whatever you do and if you hate it put it away and you may come back to it later.
    I guess I like long posts also.

well, Judi, if you like long posts, then we have something in common, lol. Just don't know how to be a girl of a few words. oh well...it's a fun job, and I'm just the one to do it. :D

thanks, key4unc, for posting web addy. I really like your quilt. I like patterns that let you have a focus fabric or motif. I could say I have a lot of blue and orange, but i have some of everything! :D

I've been quilting since '95, but feel like a beginner bc there are soooo many blocks I have not tried (and want to try). I love the traditional blocks and there are so many. I've made a couple of samplers in classes, but I'd like to construct a quilt with just one (or two) of those blocks. I'm in a quandry right now tring to decide what block/s to use for my granddaughter's graduation quilt. If I don't stop wondering and start the quilt, she will not have it for graduation. Time's a'wastin'.

But basically I consider myself a traditionalist when it comes to blocks.

Blog Entries
    Great question! Back when watercolor was first introduced, I did several. As a result, I have a LOT of floral fabric, but I got tired of making them. Before and after that fad, I like to try new things, and if you look through my album of quilt pictures, you'll see that they are all different (except for the watercolor period). I love to try new ideas, and I usually tweak them a bit to make them 'mine' in some way.

My favorite quilt SIZE is lap - big enough to show the fun of a pattern, but not so big that you get bored. I can no longer hand quilt, and machine quilting this size quilt isn't a wrestling match.

Every once in a while, I get the urge to paper piece in order to get SHARP points. When I finish that quilt, I say 'never again.' Of course, the memory fades, and a year or 2 later, I paper piece again. If you haven't paper-pieced, the reason: PP is time-consuming, even though it produces perfect blocks. And you have all that paper to pick out when you finish . . .

Blog Entries
    I love hand-quilting and dread machine-quilting but the machine is so much faster. I'm into the D9P now and have 3 on the go.I also like Warm Wishes and have made several quilts from that pattern(usually baby quilts). Other than that, I like to try new patterns with each quilt. I did 2 Log cabin quilts but I did find that putting them together bored me. So I guess it is personal preferences and our tastes change over time. To each his own.

ranger

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2