Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Any interest? >

Any interest?

Any interest?

Old 02-14-2022, 10:40 AM

Default Any interest?

I'm wondering if anybody who does hand work would be interested in meeting over Zoom to have a hand quilting get-together. I figure it'd be easier to do Zoom with hand work than machine work. I am just wondering if there is any interest in having a little get together this Thursday/Friday?
Old 02-14-2022, 11:00 AM
Power Poster

i don't know how to do zoom. How will it work? do we just sit here, and quilt to a camera screen/
more information please. Right now, i'm working on an EPP quilt, jewels. 2 together makes a heart.
Old 02-14-2022, 12:14 PM

I'm not free this week, but I can say that I have a "crafty Zoom" every couple of weeks with some friends - a few knitters/crocheters and a couple of quilters - and it's been lovely through the pandemic to be able to have that time together. We usually manage to get something done - handwork is always easiest but machining and ironing as well as fabric sorting/folding have also featured in our gatherings. :-) It's a nice way to connect over a shared interest. Good luck - hope you get a group together!
Old 02-14-2022, 01:18 PM

In 2020 our local quilt circle met 2x/wk via ZOOM. I loved it. D/T arthur, I no longer hand sew. I'd love to have a machine group.
Old 02-15-2022, 08:11 AM

This is another way the pandemic has changed out lives. I don't have any hand quilting projects going right now. I am working on a couple of tops right now but they are all machine made.
Old 02-16-2022, 03:56 AM

LogCabin82, that sounds like a nice gesture and I would be interested in participating in a Zoom and get to know some of the QB members virtually, however, I am not available this Thursday or Friday…maybe later next week? I have set up many Zoom invites if you need any assistance.
Old 02-16-2022, 05:53 AM

For those with Zoom wonderments, I can say that it is not difficult. My quilting group has been meeting once a week on Zoom for two years and we sit and sew with our machines, chat, ask for help, ideas, recommendations and offer our our assistance or at a minimum our 2 cents. It has been an extraordinarily good way to become friends with new folks and to schedule some time each week to work on projects. We meet for three hours every Tuesday afternoon and it has made us all more productive because we know we have a designated time to just sew. We have talked pandemic, goo books, videos, children, family, new puppies/dogs and holidays and on and on. One gal Zooms in from Florida where she resides part of the year, while others have taken us along on her vacation. . I know of a knitting group in my area that does the same thing. It works and whether it is good for a few weeks or a few year. I highly recommend it!
Old 02-18-2022, 07:09 AM

I am interested. I have a personal Zoom account (not attached to the university). What are you thinking now that you have responses?
Old 02-18-2022, 07:27 AM
Power Poster

Sorry for tech challenged me, Zoom is out. I can’t even post pictures on QB since site changes.
Old 02-19-2022, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
Sorry for tech challenged me, Zoom is out. I can’t even post pictures on QB since site changes.
Tartan, For what it is worth, I find zoom way easier to do then posting photos here, I still haven't figured that one out yet but I do zoom!