Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anyone buy from Fat Quarter Shop >

Anyone buy from Fat Quarter Shop

Anyone buy from Fat Quarter Shop

Old 02-18-2021, 07:21 PM

Thanks Ibex. It has been a hard week. I have been very lucky so far, but my sister and mom have both had extended power outages, including the day it was six below zero, and they are now in a boil water order because the water supply dropped so low due to water treatment plants losing power/pumping ability.
Old 02-18-2021, 10:40 PM

I have ordered from them several weeks ago and it was slower than usual because of the COVID delays. I didn't realize they were is Texas - our friends are having problems. They sit in their cars for heat and to charge their phones. One friend got their power back for a short time. She said it was long enough to get a hot shower and charge her phone and check the news before it went out again.
Old 02-19-2021, 02:30 AM

I have ordered from them once back in June 2020. I called first to ask a question. The customer service was above par. I didn't have to wait long to receive the fabric but there was a slight delay shipping notice due to covid.
Old 02-19-2021, 03:19 AM

Originally Posted by meyert View Post
I am just wondering if anyone here has ordered from Fat Quarter Shop. I placed my first order on Feb 10 and the order status still shows processing. I don't expect Amazon turnaround, but this is a long time

I am just wondering if this is normal

I have sent them 2 emails and left a voicemail, but still nothing

Does anyone know are they in a bad weather area?
Thank you for asking the question Meyert. I ordered on Feb. 4th and have never ordered from them before. I understand they are in awful times, but I wondered if it took so long even in good weather. I am relieved after reading all the positive responses. I will be patient. Thanks all
Old 02-19-2021, 03:24 AM

Have ordered multiple times from them and like their products. The storm is probably the reason for the delay. And mail service has been unreliable since last year. I received a letter from Florida that was mailed Jan 6th and got it feb 11. Really??
Old 02-19-2021, 05:28 AM
Power Poster

Fat Quarter shop is definitely a great place. Lots of mail problems lately for various reasons.
Old 02-19-2021, 06:05 AM

Since semi trailer are having a hard time traveling in TX, we are now running out of food. Most Texans are used to 50 degree weather, so they don't stock up. Now we have no electricity, so that is no heat, no water as the main lines have broken, no gas as the semi can't make the roads, no mail, no UPS or Fed X. I had to look for my coat as I didn't need it till this cold front came. Now I wish I would have purchases a heavier coat. The sun can out yesterday and melted some of the snow, now we have more ice. We are hoping for lots of warm weather and that our pipes didn't freeze. On top of all that, our bodies aren't used to cold weather, so we are almost frozen.
Old 02-19-2021, 07:42 AM

I live in McKinney Texas, which is one of the hardest hit towns by the storm. Some homes were without power and water for 4 days. We were lucky; we were only without somewhere over 30 hours. One man was found frozen to death in his recliner. The whole city has been closed down and just barely crawling back to life. Many grocery shelves are empty and many gas stations are out of fuel. Schools and doctors offices and many other businesses won't reopen until Monday. Please be patient with Texas.
Old 02-19-2021, 09:17 AM

I order from fat quarter shop I love their customer service waiting until all is good to order again got my list ready wow hoping that the Sun shines bright on Texas
Old 02-19-2021, 09:21 AM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Sew Girl 2 View Post
Since semi trailer are having a hard time traveling in TX, we are now running out of food. Most Texans are used to 50 degree weather, so they don't stock up. Now we have no electricity, so that is no heat, no water as the main lines have broken, no gas as the semi can't make the roads, no mail, no UPS or Fed X. I had to look for my coat as I didn't need it till this cold front came. Now I wish I would have purchases a heavier coat. The sun can out yesterday and melted some of the snow, now we have more ice. We are hoping for lots of warm weather and that our pipes didn't freeze. On top of all that, our bodies aren't used to cold weather, so we are almost frozen.
so sad hang on friend