Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anyone doing aiming for accuracy?

Cool Anyone doing aiming for accuracy?

I have the first two blocks done, I am quite pleased with it. The patterns are very easy to follow. It is good from the standpoint that you can end up with a block the correct size. And that I like. Just going to add that I have sewn with a scant 1/4 inch seam, finding it works for my machine and 1/4 inch foot. Anyone else taking part in it?

Yep - I finished my first two blocks this weekend. Need to rephotograph them as the colors are completely off. Probably need to figure out how to turn the flash on, on my iTouch or pull out a different camera for evening photo sessions.

Cheers, K

I am doing it too. Have my 2 blocks done and waiting on the next lesson. I love looking at all the different colors people are using. I have already been amazed at how they are coming together. I have always had trouble with by blocks being square. This is really going to help.

Is this a on-line class you are taking? Where is it found? I need all the help I can get with my accuracy.
    Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Blog Entries
    Got fabric?

I have the fabric bought and for some reason I am afraid to get it started. I told myself last night that if I did not start it this week, I'd probably use the excuse 'you're so far behind why start now'. I thought I'd get involved with it because I have hit a snag in my sewing time.
    I need a new mantra. I love the ideas for fabric that some are using and showing on fb.
    Enjoy the day, Chickadee_42us

Thanks for the pointer to the class. This is something that I really need to do. I hope I can find the time to jump in.
    Lisa

Quote Originally Posted by chickadee_42us View Post
    I have the fabric bought and for some reason I am afraid to get it started. I told myself last night that if I did not start it this week, I'd probably use the excuse 'you're so far behind why start now'. I thought I'd get involved with it because I have hit a snag in my sewing time.
    I need a new mantra. I love the ideas for fabric that some are using and showing on fb.
    Chickadee - the beauty of this is that it is one block at a time - so it is very easy to catch up. I cut the sashing and did blocks one and two on Friday/Saturday this weekend. The hardest thing for me is to choose fabrics - so with the blocks trickling out - I'm checking the pattern to see where they will fall and making guesses about color value. I shopped my stash (though I am still adding to said stash) for my 20+ fabrics.

One thing I didn't read carefully enough was that I only needed 2 7x7 cuts for block 2 instead of 4 - so I have 4 extra large half square triangles sewn. I am putting those aside and hoping that I can cut them down and use them in a future block.

Bella Boo has the correct link to the Quilt-along. There is also a very active facebook page discussing it and a flickr gallery.

Cheers, K

Yes this is the correct link, it is a really good quilt along. There is a facebook page, too. And you can see the finished blocks if they are posted. I have to say this lady did a great job in the quilt and directions.

Yes this is the correct link, it is a really good quilt along. There is a facebook page, too. And you can see the finished blocks if they are posted. I have to say this lady did a great job in the quilt and directions.

Blog Entries
    Ok, I'm interested. I went to the website but couldn't see where the block patterns are coming from. Can you help me?
    Every Sunrise brings a blessing

Marilynsue, if you went to the official website, pull the scroll bar down and there are quilt-along links to fabric requirements, etc., below that she provides 'The Schedule: click each one of those to see the available Lessons etc. such as Lesson 1, is Unit C1.
    Hope this helps your finding it.

I am getting my fabric out and I will begin cutting the contrasting fabric as she has in Quilt-Along Cutting Instructions.

Blog Entries
    Found it, will get it going tomorrow. Thanks!
    Every Sunrise brings a blessing

I'm doing this one too. I deciding on fabrics at the moment thought Batiks could be nice. I'll have to check out the flickr group pictures after work tonight.
    Everyday is a good day for Quilting!

thank you for sharing this o may have to give it a try
    tammy cash

Blog Entries
    Boy, I can use this...trying to work on the Craftsy 2012 BOM (I'm a little slow), and the points don't match on one square. Of course, my DH pointed it out...and I say on a galloping horse no one will know. So thanks for posting about this.
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Much as I didn't need another project right now LOL this is just too tempting! Now to decide on my color scheme...am going to try to use a lot of scraps/stash. Thanks for the post!
    marcia

To be a good sewer, you have to be a good ripper.

I'm in. I will be doing the 1930's version since I have plenty of that material already in the stash. I will also be ordering the Moda fabric just because I love it so much. I appreciate the help. Thank you for taking the time to develop the class.

Blog Entries
    I never knew about this one. I will have to try it. It looks interesting. I think I might do it sort of scrappy. Or I could do it in 30's repos because I have quilt a few of those too. ( just what I needed, another project)

For the Quilters that have already started, what fabric are you using. I really like Pat Sloan's Bobbins and Bits fabric but will have to wait until September to get it. Are there any suggestions?

Blog Entries
    Judylg, I have all the instructions saved for a later time but it sure looks like a fun one!

Thanks for posting this link. I really like quilts with different size blocks like this one. I'm in and will try to use fabrics from my stash, as limited as it is. I almost cut out the first block yesterday but I'm still wavering over the contrasting color and it was too hot to be making such a difficult decision anyway.

It is a nice pattern, I have wanted to do one with different blocks too. I am waiting for the 11th when the next one comes out.

Blog Entries
    thanks for the connection! my quilt room is such a mess i'm not sure i could find 20 free fabs! oops! time to re-organize!
    or is that just an excuse? i am thinking.....
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast