Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anyone else got a case of the "lazies"? >

Anyone else got a case of the "lazies"?

Anyone else got a case of the "lazies"?

Old 06-05-2011, 07:45 AM

Yep, it must be spreaading
Old 06-05-2011, 07:52 AM

It is the heat around east TN! Even staying inside - lazy happens. To help with the a/c costs, we have the blinds closed, making the rooms cool, but yet somewhat darken places. THAT makes me sleepy!

So I go into quilt room and adjust the blinds more open and realize I simply do not want to leave this entire room etc for someone 'someday' to have to go thru...I want them to have my quilts... done and quilted. Not as morbid as it sounds :D .

Also this is a good time to re-assess what fabric, batting, threads etc I do have. Fabric and notions have been going up in price. Since I love scrappies, I might just have to flesh out a whole scrappie quilt top by buying some small small fabric pieces etc.

SO WHAT! Put on some happy music you like, let some light in and dig into organizing stuff. Good for"the quilter's soul", right? :thumbup:

Julie
Old 06-05-2011, 07:53 AM

I agree, I spend way too much time on this forum, but gee I sure learn alot! I am planning to get in my sewing room as soon as this storm blows thru. I don't want to be on the second floor as much as it is has been rumbling this a.m.
Old 06-05-2011, 07:57 AM

I have been going into my sewing room to sew and end up just looking at all my stuff. I just love going through my fabrics. I did the same when I cross-stitched. I have 25 years of all that stuff in the basement and still love to sort, catalog and reshuffle it. It's cathardic I think.

I do need to get down there and make a snap bag in 11 X 14 size for a friend in exchange for her framing a cross stitch piece that needs to get done.
Old 06-05-2011, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by Jamiestitcher62
I have been going into my sewing room to sew and end up just looking at all my stuff. I just love going through my fabrics. I did the same when I cross-stitched. I have 25 years of all that stuff in the basement and still love to sort, catalog and reshuffle it. It's cathardic I think.

I do need to get down there and make a snap bag in 11 X 14 size for a friend in exchange for her framing a cross stitch piece that needs to get done.
I agree, it is cathardic! Just fun roaming around looking at fabric. Yesterday, I went and bought some baby FQ's to make a quilt, like I need another project, but it is good for the soul!
Old 06-05-2011, 08:01 AM

yes for like 3 weeks now, thinking of starting again this week, but now I am sick. I spent so long waiting on my BOM which never comes on time so I lost interest and never got it back, i now have 3 not done. After this no longer buying from that company, not very reputable
Old 06-05-2011, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by Buckeye Rose
you and me both.....I have so many things to work on....and really need to clean out sewing room, what a mess.....but no ambition to get started on anything....all I want to do is play on the puter!
Old 06-05-2011, 08:03 AM

Well, I would say Ive been lazy too but then agin I am working 60 hours a week so I don't think that can be called lazy. Right?
Old 06-05-2011, 08:10 AM

I think I must be lazy, aside from the fact I work 42 hours weekly, and more productive than most of my friends in this way. It is just once I am out of the sewing room it is just so hard to get motivated again. I had cleaned and organized it recently so I can find things, just a few more things to do to make it presentable, maybe I should get off here and go and do that, and my mending. Maybe
Old 06-05-2011, 08:20 AM

me too!

I just spent the past 4 hours cleaning my sewing room. You couldn't even walk in here!

It's all cleaned up, and I have all of my summer projects lined up on the floor (freshly vacuumed!) - but man, I had a TON of junk that didn't belong in here - as well as all of my filing to do.

Now that I'm all cleaned up, I'm working on a couple of baby shower gifts -- they always go quick and make me feel accomplished.

=)