Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anyone else got a case of the "lazies"? >

Anyone else got a case of the "lazies"?

Anyone else got a case of the "lazies"?

Old 06-06-2011, 03:19 AM

WOW! I thought it was just me. I have all kinds of things to do like a new accuquilt, new dye, do I ever need to get busy. Haven't even went to the fabric store.
Old 06-06-2011, 03:30 AM

ok, I have had my second wind, got the sewing room straightened up yesterday, half a quilt quilted, and my attic cleaned out. I know I gotta keep going, or the lazies will get me again, not far behind me now! Gee, I may stop by the LQS today after work just to keep me motivated :)
Old 06-06-2011, 03:41 AM

I was working on way to many projects and starting to feel like that so....I put them all away and started another one! LOL. It has really refreshed me though as crazy as it sounds. I am doing something I really wanted to do so it has made it more fun. I'll get back to the others soon.....Might be our names and not the weather.....Dee
Old 06-06-2011, 03:56 AM

I've been in a "sewing slump" since April. I decided it was because my sewing room was out of control. So, I started tearing into it and now I'm wondering if it'll EVER get done. Doesn't help that my sewing room is upstairs and it's so much hotter upstairs (yes, we have central air but doesn't keep it too cool). Maybe I'll have it under control and be back in the mood to sew before Christmas :-|
Old 06-06-2011, 04:04 AM

Severe case of the sewing lazies here too. Go down, stare at it, think about it and walk back up the stairs. Someone please come up for a cure for this ailment. We want to be " thread banging, treadle thumping, peddle pushing, material girls" again.
Old 06-06-2011, 04:22 AM

My daughter is getting married on Sunday and after I made all of the table runners for the reception venue, I haven't been able to get back to my machine for anything. The problem is, our guild's show is in October and I have three quilts to finish before the deadline of July 31st, one of which is an Art challenge, which is not my forte. Also, I am a "boutiquer" which means I have committed to making items to sell and I have to make a small quilt for the silent auction. I feel totally overwhelmed!! My BFF assures me that once the wedding is over and my DD has moved 1000 miles away, that I will find ways to fill up my time or all I will be doing is crying. I think and hope that is true and that it will kick my butt in gear!!
Old 06-06-2011, 04:40 AM

I just wish I was lazy! My machine was in the shop for 6 1/2 weeks! All to have it cleaned, the timing fixed and something else apparently!

TreeFrog
Old 06-06-2011, 04:41 AM

Originally Posted by deedum
I am just so sluggish on getting back into the sewing room, it is almost overwhelming when I look at the room, the projects, and all my promised todo's to myself. I am thinking that maybe I could be a bit lazy. Anyone else has times like these? Is it the weather?

I did venture in last nite and sandwiched a BOM quilt, just waiting for FM and I don't think anyone else is going to come in and do it for me though. :shock:
yup, it catching...I have so much to do and just can't get to it...I pick up a hand project when I watch TV and can't even get that done....I keep adding projects in my mind too...enough already :roll:
Old 06-06-2011, 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by UCHSCPSYCH
I'm not the only one?! It was sure good to look at all these responses because I'm in the same boat. My sewing room is a total mess and it is like not caring. Oh well, I guess like everything else this to will pass and then it wiill be back to the projects.
Gosh, I am so glad I am not alone feeling lazy. Started cleaning out my sewing room yesterday,but now I am overwhelmed and don't want to go back to finish it. Found notions I don't remember buying and don't even know what they are for.
Old 06-06-2011, 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by llamalady
Originally Posted by UCHSCPSYCH
I'm not the only one?! It was sure good to look at all these responses because I'm in the same boat. My sewing room is a total mess and it is like not caring. Oh well, I guess like everything else this to will pass and then it wiill be back to the projects.
Gosh, I am so glad I am not alone feeling lazy. Started cleaning out my sewing room yesterday,but now I am overwhelmed and don't want to go back to finish it. Found notions I don't remember buying and don't even know what they are for.
Well, I am in the same boat. I have a "craft" cabinet...actually the odds and ends that aren't quilting or scrapbooking go in there and I had to clear out a shelf in it for some fabric as my daughter is getting ready to move out and wanted a big bin to pack. So I had to empty a bin of fabric and put it in the craft cabinet. Well, everytime I need the hot glue gun, I couldn't find the glue sticks, so it seems that I bought enough to open a small hot glue store!! I must have at least 150 extra hot glue sticks!!