Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Anyone has issues with ordering through Craft Connections??

  1. #1
    Super Member LucyInTheSky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,786
    I ordered something out of stock through Craft Connections in Nov, ETA 1/6. No big deal, I can wait. Well, Feb 5 rolls around and I remembered it and I emailed them to ask. I wouldn't have had time to work on it between Jan and Feb, so it wasn't a big deal, I just wanted an ETA.

    Well, no reply. So I just email them again to ask what gives. I really don't mind when something is delayed, since I knew it was out of stock when I bought it, but it bugs me that 1) they changed the ETA significantly without bothering to notify me and 2) they won't respond to my emails.

    Have other people had issues with them? Or did the orders all go through smoothly?

  2. #2
    Super Member sewjoyce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    9,664
    I have never ordered from these people -- and now maybe I won't...

  3. #3
    Super Member redquilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    8,188
    Haven't ordered recently, but used to a lot and never had a problem. Call and talk to customer service.

  4. #4
    Power Poster amma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Out searching for some sunshine :-)
    Posts
    59,088
    Blog Entries
    1
    That is not very good customer service :(:(:(

  5. #5
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    5,837
    Blog Entries
    1
    i have never had a problem from them. i would call them,instead of an email.

    they have not charged your order..i am sure, orders are usually charged the same day they are shipped. from any reputable shop..

  6. #6
    Power Poster nativetexan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    home again, after 27 yrs!
    Posts
    16,347
    Blog Entries
    2
    oh that's a shame. i've used them in the past and always gotten fast delivery. times are changing. i'm hearing more and more things like this. complain , complain, complain.

  7. #7
    Super Member LucyInTheSky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,786
    I'm glad y'all haven't had trouble. It's when I say I have trouble and get 100 "yeah, me too" that I get nervous.

    I will give them a call. They haven't charged my card yet, so it's not a huge deal. Just kinda annoying.

    Thank you for your comments :)

  8. #8
    Super Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,662
    They are one of my favorite suppliers and their customer service is a big reason why. Sorry you have run into trouble, but perhaps you should see if you can find whatever it is you wanted somewhere else and cancel with Craft Connection this time. I've never intentionally ordered something that was out of stock anywhere.

  9. #9
    Super Member Oklahoma Suzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Home town: Rehoboth, MA Now living in OK
    Posts
    7,897
    I have never ordered with them.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    10
    I ordered from them a couple of times last year and the service was excellent.

  11. #11
    Super Member LucyInTheSky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,786
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider
    They are one of my favorite suppliers and their customer service is a big reason why. Sorry you have run into trouble, but perhaps you should see if you can find whatever it is you wanted somewhere else and cancel with Craft Connection this time. I've never intentionally ordered something that was out of stock anywhere.
    My mom is upset because I haven't made her a quilt yet (and please, I've only FINISHED about 7 quilts), so I found a German shepherd pattern (she has 3) and was going to use that to make a quilt. I had no luck finding anything else that was a German shepherd :( How cute is this?? http://www.craftconn.com/Main.asp?Ta...roductID=16041

  12. #12
    Super Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,662
    That is a wicked cool pattern, Lucy! Definitely worth waiting for. I did find several shops that carry other Sharon Malec patterns and books and one other that actually has three of the german shepherd pattern in stock right now. If Craft Connection continues to delay their ETA, you might consider canceling and going with Desert Rose instead. http://www.desertrosequiltshop.com/c...es=0&lastmenu=

  13. #13
    Super Member LucyInTheSky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,786
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider
    That is a wicked cool pattern, Lucy! Definitely worth waiting for. I did find several shops that carry other Sharon Malec patterns and books and one other that actually has three of the german shepherd pattern in stock right now. If Craft Connection continues to delay their ETA, you might consider canceling and going with Desert Rose instead. http://www.desertrosequiltshop.com/c...es=0&lastmenu=
    Wow, you're good. Thank you!!

  14. #14
    Super Member Favorite Fabrics's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)
    Posts
    4,097
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by LucyInTheSky
    ... but it bugs me that 1) they changed the ETA significantly without bothering to notify me and 2) they won't respond to my emails.
    Just out of curiosity... if you go their site now, and look at the product, have they updated the ETA there? Or is it still saying that it's due in January?

  15. #15
    Super Member LucyInTheSky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,786
    Quote Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics
    Quote Originally Posted by LucyInTheSky
    ... but it bugs me that 1) they changed the ETA significantly without bothering to notify me and 2) they won't respond to my emails.
    Just out of curiosity... if you go their site now, and look at the product, have they updated the ETA there? Or is it still saying that it's due in January?
    When I first bought it, it just said "out of stock". The email confirmation they sent me said 1/6 or whatever. I went on their website and there was an ETA of end of February.

    This might be me as the lazy consumer, but I would've liked an email when that changed. I'm happy to wait, as long as I'm aware of it. Kinda like in a Mexican restaurant, if they give me water, chips, and salsa, I can wait 10 minutes before they take my order happily. When I'm there more than a few minutes with no water, chips, or salsa, I get impatient. It's one of those acknowledging the consumer type things.

    I did get an email from, I would assume, the owner. She said they've had issues with snow storms, car accidents, surgeries, etc, and apologized. She said they just got the pattern in and are shipping today. I feel a little bad for getting so annoyed about not hearing from them with all that stuff going on... all's well that ends well, I guess. I'm just glad the pattern is on its way.

  16. #16
    Super Member LucyInTheSky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,786
    Gah! And 3 weeks later, still not here. No charge on my credit card. Serious thumbs down for this website. Giving them one last chance before I go to Desert Rose...

  17. #17
    Super Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,662
    Have you contacted them? They are showing two in stock now, so they may have cancelled your order without your knowing it. Some places cancel backorders if they go beyond a certain length of time, but I don't know what Craft Connection's specific policy is on that.

    I'd call (or email) and ask about the status of the order placed on (date) for (item). If they say it was cancelled and ask if you want to reorder, I'd tell them no and go to Desert Rose. Calling is better in this case, imo. Desert Rose still shows three in stock, btw. Good luck!

  18. #18
    Super Member LucyInTheSky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,786
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider
    Have you contacted them? They are showing two in stock now, so they may have cancelled your order without your knowing it. Some places cancel backorders if they go beyond a certain length of time, but I don't know what Craft Connection's specific policy is on that.

    I'd call (or email) and ask about the status of the order placed on (date) for (item). If they say it was cancelled and ask if you want to reorder, I'd tell them no and go to Desert Rose. Calling is better in this case, imo. Desert Rose still shows three in stock, btw. Good luck!
    Going to call today. I had emailed with her a few weeks ago, she said so sorry, it will ship today, and then haven't heard from her since. No package and no charge on my CC. I'm fine if she canceled my order, just let me know. I don't want to end up with 2 of this pattern, ya know? Especially since I'm not supposed to be spending $$ in the first place :oops: :D

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.