Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Anyone have the hangitdangit??

Anyone have the hangitdangit??

I am considering this hanging system to hang a quilt above my fireplace. I wouldn't have to drill holes in my brick. Just wondered if anyone has one and if they'd purchase again. It seems pricey, but handy.
    Thanks.
    Www.hangitdangit.com
    ~Laura

Saw these at the quilt festival in January. They are pieces of magnetic metal held on the wall with Command strips then the bar is metal that sticks to magnets. Cool system especially where you don't want to or can't put holes in the wall. I use the large hooks from Command and use a curtain rod to hold my wall hanging up on the wall. This one also is hidden where many others aren't. Whoops, different rod than what I was thinking it was.... This one looks great too!
    Last edited by CoyoteQuilts; 05-06-2012 at 03:34 PM.

It is on my "need to purchase" wish list
    http://www.oregonquilting.net
    I choose to give my life away for things that last forever

Blog Entries
    DH put metal brick hooks/hangers on our fireplace wall. They fit between the mortar of the width of the brick. No drilling and they hold a lot of weight. I have them on the brick wall of my porch to hold metal cut outs and flower racks. I use an expanded curtain rod to hang a quilt on the hooks.
    Got fabric?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
    DH put metal brick hooks/hangers on our fireplace wall. They fit between the mortar of the width of the brick. No drilling and they hold a lot of weight.
    These are what I use, too. They work great.

I purchased these at a recent quilt show. I have not used them yet. We recently removed a chain link fence we had put up for our dogs many years ago and the rod that holds the fence against the posts make great rods to hang quilts on and they attach to the magnets. Expensive but you only need one set of magnets and can change the quilts hanging there easily.

I've been tempted to buy one and would also love to hear from someone if they work.