Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anyone know this quilt >

Anyone know this quilt

Anyone know this quilt

Old 06-25-2023, 06:16 PM
Gay

Default Anyone know this quilt

Does anyone know the name or pattern of this quilt. The photo's been hiding in my files for years and I would like to make it. Am thinking a 9patch variation, but just cannot get my head around it.
Attached Thumbnails essentials9-2.jpg  
Old 06-25-2023, 07:10 PM

It looks to be "Trellis quilt, 51” square, free pattern by Carl Hentsch for Studio E Fabrics (CLICK for PDF download) " that I found at near the bottom of this page http://quiltinspiration.blogspot.com...uilts.html?m=1
and the pdf is at https://drive.google.com/file/d/14Ic...-_SvuzMq9/view I could not find it on studioefabrics.net

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Not affiliated with off-site link(s)
Old 06-25-2023, 10:45 PM
Gay

Janey & John - you are a treasure. I never thought it would be a free pattern, and it seems to make up as I would have done it. So much for thinking an easy 9 patch var. Thank you so much.
Old 06-26-2023, 04:36 AM

How on earth do other quilters find the answers to these quilts patterns so quickly?? They are truly a God send if not somewhat magical...LOL
Old 06-26-2023, 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by lindaschipper View Post
How on earth do other quilters find the answers to these quilts patterns so quickly?? They are truly a God send if not somewhat magical...LOL
Janey just likes the search. She has done so much of it, that she can find most anything. It's a skill she has honed and is very good at it.

Thanks from all of us, Janey.

bkay
Old 06-26-2023, 05:02 AM

Thank you Gay, for posting the quilt picture and Janey for finding the pattern. It is a beautiful quilt. Not as simple as a disappearing 9 patch but very very interesting.
Old 06-26-2023, 06:28 AM

How on earth do other quilters find the answers to these quilts patterns so quickly??
A lot of times it's knowing how to "google image" search. Sometimes it's having seen that pattern before, sometimes it's recognizing a certain designer's style.
Old 06-26-2023, 08:19 AM

Default G

Originally Posted by Gay View Post
Janey & John - you are a treasure. I never thought it would be a free pattern, and it seems to make up as I would have done it. So much for thinking an easy 9 patch var. Thank you so much.
Glad that I could help. I did finally find the pattern on studioefabrics.net - https://studioefabrics.net/essentials-9-quilt-2/ but it looks like they no longer carry the fabric, nor do they list it as Trellis.

Actually, I'm not a quilter. Sometimes I have to wait to get some additional info from others.

Originally Posted by bkay View Post
Janey just likes the search. She has done so much of it, that she can find most anything. It's a skill she has honed and is very good at it.

Thanks from all of us, Janey.

bkay
Thank you, bkay. I do get frustrated when I can't find something.

Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
A lot of times it's knowing how to "google image" search. Sometimes it's having seen that pattern before, sometimes it's recognizing a certain designer's style.
Yes, for this one, I was able to use image search, but then took a little digging to get to the pattern. I try on a lot of these type of questions. Sometimes it works and sometimes it is so way off that it is mind boggling.

There are a lot of quilters on this board that are able to recognize certain designer's style. I am amazed at some of the others that can come up with the answers so quickly.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Not affiliated with off-site link(s)